iPad3 looking for iPad1 Apple Case Style

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Ankah, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ankah macrumors newbie

Im looking for a case like the First Gen Apple iPad Case in terms in how if fit, grip, and texture, but fit for the 3rd gen ( don't recommend the Apple Smart Case had that and returned it due to poor fit, the iPad would come out of the case)

Currently I have a Targus Slim but don't care for the case at all

2. Ankah thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

That case is the closest thing to a straight clone of the Apple case for the original iPad.

4. Ankah thread starter macrumors newbie

The First Gen Apple Cae is not made of leather, the part tht grips the screen is totally different

The only thing that is the same is it installs from the side, and the 2 panel cover, everything else is different, so no idea how that is considered a clone?

And if that's the closest thing to the fist gen, then guess the answer is no there is not a case like the fist gen and have to stick with this crappy targus

5. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

I see what you mean — if you search the Yoobao site you'll see that the first version of this case was a much closer clone of the original Apple case. They've changed the design slightly since then.

As for it being leather, well they say it is! :D

6. Ankah thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I see the iPad2 version of executive case. Thats closer, But it's leather :(

7. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

The version they did for the original iPad was a dead straight copy of the Apple case — I had one.