Ipad3 processor struggling

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 10smom, Apr 4, 2012.

1. 10smom macrumors regular

10smom

I got my new iPad today. at first it was working fine, but now I hear the processor or whatever it is called, processing up and down for about five seconds, every 20 seconds. I never had this issue with my iPad one so not sure where to even begin to look. Anybody else have this problem? anybody have suggestions on how to get my iPad to stop struggling so hard?

Thanks for the help

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. AR15MBP macrumors regular

You hear the processor processing? What behavior that you see leads you to believe that the processor is being taxed?

4. 10smom thread starter macrumors regular

10smom

Because it is because it is making noise like a engine revving up for about five seconds and then going back down. It does this about every 20 seconds. I had laptops do this before and usually there was a hard drive problem or something like that

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iPad's don't have fans or moving parts. What ever you're hearing, isn't being caused by a struggling processor.

6. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

iPads are totally silent, theres no fans, HDD, etc., which is generally the only thing you hear in a notebook/desktop.

If you hearing some kind of operational sounds, I think someone sold you a pinball machine and not an ipad :D

7. 10smom thread starter macrumors regular

10smom

Ok so if an iPad was to be making struggling noises like I am hearing what would be the source? thanks

Again the noise is very similar to noise you would hear in a laptop or desktop computer that was constantly revving up and down.... not sure what parts ate in a iPad but noise I am hearing sounds similar

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The only things in an iPad that can make any sounds at all are the speakers. Even at 100% load for hours on end, the iPad will not make any sound due to high load. Because it can't.

9. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

that usually happens to me after an update but then its back to normal

10. 10smom thread starter macrumors regular

10smom

Okay you guys are going to think I'm really crazy now, but this revving up noise continues even after I turned it off at least for a minute or so. it sounds like this source is just inside the screen and closer to the camera lens area

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If it happens when your iPad is off, then it isn't normal. My guess is that it's the battery ready to die/burst/explode. Stop using it immediately and do not charge it anymore. Take it to an Apple Store to have it replaced as soon as possible. Do not use it or charge it until you have it replaced.

12. 10smom thread starter macrumors regular

10smom

Shoot I had mine monogrammed and everything.... frustrating

13. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Apart from the speakers, iPads are unable to make noise under any circumstances. Return yours under warranty. If noise persists, consult a physician.

14. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

It's in your head dude.

15. Mikes2pads, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

Mikes2pads macrumors regular

That's why I love reading general public posts. It's so interesting. Lady , you are not crazy but the iPad is not sounding off, it can't. I think your so in touch with your device that you feel slight , minute vibrations and it causes you to think your hearing something. In actuality there are no vibrations either.Check your area for noise items. If its lagging you might have to reset your router. Ths is a first. Your iPad might have Chinese silk worms in it or Chinese misquito's stuck in there.

16. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

I burst into laughter

17. brand macrumors 601

brand

This has to be one of the funniest post I have read in a long time.