iPad3 purchased march 19th from apple online

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jasper84, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Jasper84, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

Jasper84 macrumors regular

A friend pointed out to me that my iPad3 has a significant sized light leak along the right side of the display. I've never dropped it or or anything there's a screen shot of my warranty info below. I plan on calling apple tomorrow afternoon so I wanted to know if there's any info or suggestions I should know prior to calling apple? I have a 32gb white wifi+verizon LTE. Any info suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

All they need is your serial number and they can look up the purchase date. I bought mine on day 1 and just got it replaced this weekend due to a couple dead pixels. If you have an apple store nearby you can just take it there.

3. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! Did they replace it with a new sealed one ? Did you get a new warranty with the replacement or do you only have the remainder of the defect warranty ? I know I'm like the guy from the tv series monk :)

4. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

They will replace it with a white/brown box item. It has never been clear weather these are refurbs or new items but honestly it does not make a difference. Your new ipad will resume whatever warranty was left with your defected one.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

You've had it for 4 months with no dissatisfaction until a friend told you there was a problem?

6. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

lol.

7. divideby macrumors member

Your phone support expired, they will send you to an Apple store.

They can make you an appointment, be on time for it.

If a Genius decides it is an in warranty issue, and there is no physical damage (water or broken glass) they will replace it with one in a brown box sealed.

Be prepared to have your Verizon account login ready in order to transfer it to the replacement-- meaning your login information, credit card information etc that was all typed in under settings.

Of course, make sure you have a full back up of your iPad. It is not the Genius resposibility for your data, including your Verizon LTE account. Good luck!

8. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the info I made a appointment for later today

9. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

Pretty much yeah lol but I did pay $774 for it I should have a product with no flaws or defects also the home button is starting give out and the battery doesn't seem to last as long as it use to but that's just from a lot of daily use the light leak is about 4 inches long on the right side

10. poloponies macrumors 68030

I'm totally on your side on this, you paid for flawless and you should get flawless.

11. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

lollllz

----------

iPad quality (starting with the iPad 2 and especially the iPad 3) seems out of family for Apple's traditional attention to high quality. i don't necessarily blame Apple, i blame their suppliers.

however with that said, most iPads work perfectly (or people don't realize they have a defect)

12. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

Very easy exchange I showed them where the light was leaking they gave me a replacement. I asked if it was a refurb or reconditioned guy told me no its a new replacement and that there store didn't offer refurb products so I'm happy. yesterday AT&T approved my iPhone 4s unlock request. synced my 4s a message appeared saying your iPhone has successfully been unlocked :D