iPad3 replaced due to one stuck pixel -- another satisfied customer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by caodapengtj, Apr 4, 2012.

1. caodapengtj macrumors member

Yes I got my iPad3 replaced because there is one single stuck pixel on the screen, after the 14-day return window. The folks at Apple store are very friendly; and they acknowledge that even one stuck pixel is sufficient reason for replacement.

We paid premium price thus we deserve premium quality. If you choose to keep your less-than-perfect Apple product, that is your choice. For most people it makes perfect sense to replace for any defect. Apple is not Acer or whatever company who only replaces your whatever Pad for more than 3 dead pixels.

Good work Apple!:)

2. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Apple is second to none when it comes to customer service. :)

3. crisss1205 macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

But I thought the pixels are so small you cannot see them with the human eye! Are you super human?

All kidding aside, thats why I love Apple. They always try to make the customer happy.

4. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

What a relief! Looks like I'll do the same. I was going to put up with it, but its really irritating so Im glad they have taken this approach!

5. caodapengtj thread starter macrumors member

Well the pixel density on the retina display suppose to be higher than most part of your real retina. However your fovea still has much higher pixel density than any display technology could achieve today....
    And once you discovered a stuck pixel, you will see it forever.. LOL

6. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

I took mine in today after I noticed a dead pixel. After I saw the first dead pixel I saw a stuck red one close to it and some dust under the screen. Guy brought my replacement out and we turned it on. I immediately saw a dead pixel and two very noticeable pieces of dust at the top :(. He didn't have anymore of my model so they ordered me one. I'm kinda worried now about the new one coming being messed up. They said mine was the first one they have seen with problems like that. Hard to believe though because the one that grout out to replace it was bad too.

7. TOADVINE macrumors newbie

I can relate I exchanged my iPad today because of three green pixels that could be seen in one of the black bars while watching a movie. It was a pleasant quick transaction.

8. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

If you are within 14 day window you can swap it for imaginary problems or
    no problem at all.

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Nah, the retina display is near the limits of the fovea (assuming you hold the ipad at a sufficiently far distance from your eye). Even the iPad 2 was probably near the limits of the rest of the retina. However, many don't take into account that under high-contrast scenarios (like a single stuck pixel against a black screen), your eyes can resolve much finder details. It'd probably be near impossible to see the stuck pixel with a normal image from normal distances.

10. EarlZ macrumors regular

As expected from Apple, but the fanboys might say you just looking for issues, OCD, seeking a perfect non-existent device and all that jazz.

11. jperry2010 macrumors newbie

As it turns out, I've had some pretty rotten luck on the screen for my new iPad.

I started off with a screen with the uneven yellow tinting along the left side in portrait mode. I got that one replaced.

A few days later, I noticed a row of dead pixels in the upper right corner of the screen. Took it into the apple store, and got it swapped out, no problems.

Outside of the store, as I was sitting down and activating my Verizon service, I noticed that the replacement I had just received had a line of dead pixels in the middle of the screen, so I got off the phone with Verizon and went back inside the Apple store for another exchange.

Unfortunately, that location was out, but there was another store in Austin about 10 or so miles away with one of my model left. So I high-tailed it to make it before closing (I left the first apple store at 8:15 pm).

Luckily I made it in time and the genius from the first Apple Store called ahead for me and prepped them on what the deal was, so as soon as I walked in, they had the replacement waiting for me.

Gave the new one the best inspection I possibly could, and so far so good! On my fourth iPad, I think I've finally got a keeper!

12. caodapengtj thread starter macrumors member

Glad to know you finally got a perfect one. It is understandable that the first batch of retina display may some problems. The following batches should be better. It is wise to test any new unit before leaving Apple store.