iPad3 UK Returns Thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lehcim, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Lehcim macrumors member

Please share your experience if you've tried to return an iPad3 bought recently.

I have one bought on the 5th of October from an Apple Premium Reseller and they don't want to accept the return.

I will contact Apple CS tomorrow to check if they can do something, we never know.

I will not tell the name of the Premium Reseller until I have a final position from them.

2. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

Bought on 17th September, and took it back and now have a gift card with the money on ready for the new ipad.

3. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I got my Ipad 3 in March 2012.

Feel sorry for anybody who just got the Ipad 3 now..nobody expected a 4th model right now.

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Don't think you'll have any luck with a reseller. They are probably as shocked as we are.

5. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

30 day ipad 3 refunded to gift voucher yesterday, no hassle at all. At Manchester Trafford center. Ask for manager! Be polite. You never know. Reseller customers may be out of luck, though. Speaking to AppleCare, an exchange is no big deal for them financially, a sale is a sale.

6. Lehcim thread starter macrumors member

I've emailed the Premium Reseller again yesterday, and no answer until now.

Their return policy is 14 days unopened, and they're camping on it.

In the meantime, I've called Apple CS and they told me to try to talk directly to an Apple store Manager, will proceed tomorrow, we never know...

7. ReValveiT macrumors regular

Bought iPad 3 three weeks ago from Currys.

They rightfully don't want to know. It is on Apple to sort this as they're the ones who knocked £100 value off our brand new iPads over night.

I'm in dialogue with Apple CS, but I don't hold out any hope to be honest. I feel they've proper done one over on us recent buyers.

No more Apple stuff for me if this isn't sorted. I have a real bad Apple taste in my mouth right now.

:(

8. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

That's exactly how I felt. I was bewildered and shocked when I heard the news, very angry too. 7 months is not even near a life cycle, and to have it obliterated from production entirely is incredible.

Looking forward though, you could always try the 'not fit for purpose' route, saying that Apple have made it obsolete in terms of production, so will be unsupported by developers - unoptimised for A5X, potential problems. Maybe claim to be a dev yourself? Not the greatest argument (more of an appeal, really), but worth a long shot if nothing else. Applecare are directing to stores, so perhaps your local official Apple store might help - ask to speak to the manager and be super-pleasant and cool. I drove all the way down to Mancs from Leeds and decided that if it didn't go down as I hoped (it did), I'd throw my dignity away and launch into a tantrum. Again, maybe worth a shot at the bottom of the barrel.

9. Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    ... this is exactly why I only buy Apple gear from an Apple Store.

Look ... this reseller will only accept it back if it is unopened. That's a prehistoric policy as how do you know if you want something or not if you can't open it to find out?

Good luck with the return, mate ...

----------

Sorry to hear that.

Once again, this is the number 1 reason why I buy all of my Apple gear from an Apple Store & nowhere else.

Curry's are MURDER when it comes to trying to return stuff ... they hate taking stuff back and if it's opened, forget it!

I preordered my 3rd gen iPad so I've had it from day one but I am pissed off about the 4th gen announcement ... I can only imagine how you must be feeling!

I hope you manage to get somewhere but seeing as you didn't buy it from an Apple Store I don't hold out much hope for you.

Good luck, though ...

10. MisterEd macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat here, bought the 3rd gen from PC World about 3 weeks ago. I'd be really interested to know if anyone else has any success with Currys / PC World?
    Doesn't look good from my perspective though...