iPad ipad3 warm after JB and drains

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cpnotebook80, May 31, 2012.

1. cpnotebook80, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

Just noticed that after I JB the ipad, everything was fine. Then, i noticed that the battery has been run down to nothing within 2 hrs. I checked the few apps were open like cydia etc, I installed respring and sbsettings installous and most of my apps are from app store.

I did have garageband running but this seems weird that battery would drain from 60% to 0.

will try a task manager or someway to find out which app is culprit.

I use sysinfoplus, and found load average
    1min - .54
    5min - .66
    15min - .5

I closed all my apps..not sure what above means.

2. rob12770 macrumors member

i have an upad 3 also, i have jailbroke with absinth 2.2 never heard of your issues, my gut tels me its not a software issue..

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

No such problems here (tons of Cydia apps installed).

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

5. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no it doesnt. I think it was an app.
    But do notice that it happens once or twice. But i have a sneaky memory leak or something. Have to be more aware on the app im using.

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

No such probs here either - also with tons of tweaks and apps.

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

If it really is an insane difference (2 hours you said?) I would recommend restoring, something coulda screwed up in the jailbreak process.

8. pixelshaders macrumors member

I use PS & TOP via ssh to check how is things run inside my ipad 3 found out that springboard constantly take up 20~30% cpu usage. I later found out battery detective & battery info for notification center causing the springboard stress. By not running them after reboot or remove them springboard keep 0% idle most of time.

9. pixelshaders macrumors member

A lot of tweak relying on mobilesubstrate can also causing springboard have slightly higher cpu usage.

10. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

swapped!

I just got the new ipad swapped for an exchange. For some reason, When I left ipad on, with screen brightness half way, and left it like that 10 mins, the screen was exceptionally hot. I took it right away to the service center near my work and got it swapped.
    this wasn't JB either.
    Will see how this new one turns out. Too bad we cant tell which week version of ipad I got from the manufacture.