iPad4 ordered ... Australia thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nightlong, Oct 26, 2012.

1. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Just ordered iPad4 white 64Gb/LTE. It's a race to see who will be the least slow, iPhone due nov 12 -16, or iPad due late nov, but hopefully a bit sooner??

There's an Oz thread for mini pad, but how many ordering iPad4?

2. tomhumphrey, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

tomhumphrey macrumors newbie

I just ordered the iPad mini 16GB White :) Lucky, because it is now sold out for launch day.

I also just read that the 4G LTE chip in both the 4 and the mini are still not compatible with Australian LTE bands. Can the government actually sell off the analoge TV spectrum so we can have proper 4G! :mad:

EDIT: There are conflicting articles saying that they are and aren't compatible, but Apple.com/ipad/LTE says it does support Teltra and Optus (including Virgin) so maybe.

3. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Yes, confusing. When they were launching the iPads and they had all the Internet providers on the screen, it included Telstra and Optus. Do other countries have providers with those names?

I don't know, but I'm sure I read somewhere else that it is now compatible ... Would be strange if it isn't as iPhone 5 now is. Isn't it?

4. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Can anyone shed any light on this ... LTE for new iPad in Australia, or not??