iPad iPad4 viewing angles

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danuk3, Dec 28, 2012.

1. danuk3 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have recently got my first iPad (4th gen, 64GB 3G version). On the whole really pleased but one thing I wanted to ask you guys about is the viewing angles to check I haven't got a dud display!

I also have an iPhone 5 and viewing angles on it are amazing - laying flat is just as clear as front on. My iPad isn't like this at all - laying flat looking up from the bottom (or top down) is really blurry. I know the screen isn't 'up against the glass' like the iPhone (why I have no idea - shame!).

Are your retina iPads like this too?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

2. danuk3 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Honestly I think you should bring your ipad into an Apple store if you've got one near by. It would be best to do a side by side comparison to other iPad 4's and iPad 2's.

I've observed mine next to my iphone and agree that the iPhone retains clarity better, but feel that it's probably the difference in screen/glass as you suggested. I would not say that it's blurry though. Are you saying that your view at ~ 90 degrees off axis is fuzzy? Or is it more like 45 degrees?

4. syd430 Guest

The iphone 5 has a better panel, and as you said yourself, the screen is not laminated to glass. Putting these together and the result is lower viewing angles.