Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that iPadOS 16 will be available on October 24 for all compatible iPad models, bringing the Weather app, Stage Manager, and more to iPad users.

iPadOS-16-Header.jpg

Unlike in past years, this year's iPadOS and iOS updates were not released simultaneously. Instead, Apple decided to delay iPadOS 16 until later in the fall to allow it more time to refine the update, including Stage Manager. Stage Manager is the biggest new addition coming to iPadOS 16 that offers users of select iPad models a new windowing system for apps.

iPadOS 16 also brings the Weather app to the iPad and the ability to edit and unsend Messages, which is also available on iOS 16 and macOS Ventura. For a full rundown of everything new with iPadOS 16, be sure to check out our roundup.

Article Link: iPadOS 16 With Stage Manager, Weather App, and More to Be Available on October 24

NorthMcCormick

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
Nothing matters until external display support.... Which they're still touting on the site, actually, they have a whole section for it on the new pro page so hopefully that's coming sooner than soon

Taselcult

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
inside the tubes
So far, with all the announcements today, this is the only one that does not link to Apple website...
I think that's cause the link was on a previous post. I just saw this one first and didn't see the others. And at that point the apple home page hadn't been updated yet so resulted to a google search for the news release on apple's site.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Nothing matters until external display support.... Which they're still touting on the site, actually, they have a whole section for it on the new pro page so hopefully that's coming sooner than soon
The new iPad pages say “later this year”, so more than likely 16.2 releasing in December.

Octavius8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2016
if you need a calculator use the iPad to access Windows on the cloud and run the calculator form Windows.
Any calculator app that you recommended?. Most that I have used are utter rubbish….

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
Spotlight can do math, as well as conversions. I've long removed calculator from my iPhone, Spotlight can do things like sqrt(x) as well.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Waiting for 16.2 across all to fix the bugs on my iPhone and the inevitable ones that remain in 16.1 and Ventura.

jfreedle2

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2022
if you need a calculator use the iPad to access Windows on the cloud and run the calculator form Windows.
Any calculator app that you recommended?. Most that I have used are utter rubbish….
Not true. The Windows calculator is ok, but you can use the TI Nspire CAS, which definitely exceeds what the Windows calculator is capable of performing. There is also PocketCAS that also provides more functionality.

jfreedle2

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2022
Spotlight can do math, as well as conversions. I've long removed calculator from my iPhone, Spotlight can do things like sqrt(x) as well.
The spotlight calculation is an interesting option, but does not replace the built-in calculator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.