Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Bilbo, Euzkadi, Basque Country
Hello all, excuse me if this’s been asked before. I’m thinking about the mix between iPad Pro and iPadOS to come in September as a laptop replacement. With that in mind, now that you can plug external drives to the iPad... does anyone know if...
  • You could add music to iTunes directly on iPad?
  • You could manage your iPhone directly on iPad? / Synchronize iPhone with iPad?
You never lose your hope but I imagine what the answer is, then... which would be the option to have all your current music automatically synchronized in your iPad and iPhone? (without depending on a Mac and inside  ecosystem services)

Thank you.

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I don’t think new iPads are being released in September. They are usually in October-November

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
If nothing major changes there won’t be an ability to rip CDs for iPad hence you either use Music on a Mac to import into the music app on your devices or you get you music files from some other external place and don’t add them to Apple’s music app and just play them via files.

Another alternative is to switch to streaming music and be done with physical cds and the entire import process.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
There is no local music management ability coming. Apple wont release this feature on iPad I believe. The best thing they can do is not killing the library management ability on Mac/Windows.
Also, given some strong “echo chamber” narratives rejoicing the demise of iTunes, I seriously worry about how long I can keep using iTunes or any other alternative until Apple decides to go full on wireless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.