Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Smart Keyboard doesn’t function well when I have usb mouse connected to the lightning to USB adaptor. The Smart Keyboard will refuse register key or randomly registering keys like crazy.

P.S. I have not tested Bluetooth mouse as I cannot find one in my house. Smart Keyboard will not function at all (or function very poorly) when I have usb mouse connected.

Last edited:

Jedimindtrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
Was just about to plump for that Logitech MX as well... I'l go digging about the drawers and see what i can find :D
[doublepost=1559944198][/doublepost]Went to install the Beta and got the "are you sure - why don't you wait for the public beta" message - is it for the faint hearted?
I’ve found the beta pretty stable. Hasn’t crashed once in 3 days. The only thing that’s happened is occasionally the split view will have a glitch where you can’t drag the window to make the split wider or slimmer. Have to restart to fix. But it’s pretty uncommon.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
If I use my sons iPad 6th gen it feels like something is wrong and everything is very wavy and sluggish. I’m assuming his iPad is at 60hz on the home screen, or 60fps. I’m not 100% sure.

This ^ sluggishness will be even more noticeable with a cursor or a mouse. It’ll feel like very slow input latency.

Go in to a Apple store and try one out, use it for a few minutes and then try a normal refresh rate iPad side by side.

It is not that big of a deal. It will not even bother you, because this is what you are used to. Or you will get used to with a mouse if you’re planning on adding one.

If you owned a 3rd gen iPad Pro, and then went backwards then it might would seriously bother you.

Other than that. You’ll be fine. No worries.
The 2nd gen iPad pros also support 120hz.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
How do you hide the assistive touch button when using the mouse? Best I’ve figured out is making it more invisible.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
In the Assistive Touch options turn off “Always Show Menu”.
Brilliant thanks!!!
[doublepost=1560043748][/doublepost]For anyone testing with an external trackpad - does pinching work to zoom in and out? Only have a mouse to test with.

taldo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Wow. I was wondering why my Apple Magic Mouse (first gen) was not supported. Tried a few times. Don’t want to buy a new one just for this feature. Maybe a USB dongle will do the trick and allow me to use wired mouse. Witch a mouse and keyboard of some kind, I can technically play Starcraft II on an iPad Pro, if the game is supported.

Now, too bad that we still cannot drag app windows around....

Well,
You can drag with the mouse/finger and have the side by side multitask view...
It’s not app windows, but it very close to it...

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Well, i finally get my iPad Pro 9.7 working with both Bluetooth mouse and my Smart Keyboard combination. I am disappointed that the mouse does not support highlight texts.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Well, i finally get my iPad Pro 9.7 working with both Bluetooth mouse and my Smart Keyboard combination. I am disappointed that the mouse does not support highlight texts.
It works (unless you are using microsoft apps), just differently from the Mac. You can trigger the selection by using a double click & drag instead of the usual single click & drag from MacOS

G35flyer

macrumors regular
May 19, 2012
How did you get it to work? My Smart Keyboard is not working consistently when a Bluetooth mouse is activated via Assisttive Touch....one of the other works but not at the same time.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Has anyone tried mouse with remote desktop apps such as VNC or Teamviewer? Does it work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.