iPadPro 9.7 crashed during setup!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vespagirl, Mar 31, 2016.

1. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Received my iPP 9.7 today. Fired it up, started restoring from an iCloud backup, and then it crashed. I am stuck with a white screen with a black Apple logo that will NOT shut off unless I hit wake/sleep and home button for a force shutdown. That was 2 hours ago. Now, it's making a beeping noise, even though I have it on silent. Blip......blip......blip...... Plugged it into my MBA to see if that would kick start it and got a message that I cannot access iTunes because there is a passcode on the iPad. Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller??? I set a passcode on initial startup, but this white screen is the only thing I can see, so my frustration is running high.

2. chukronos macrumors 6502

it IS for replacing a pc, sooo....

BTW, A true pro would know how to deal with this. ;)

3. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

sounds like you will need to do a iTunes restore and it will be iOS 9.3.1 instead of 9.3.0

4. vespagirl thread starter macrumors regular

vespagirl

Restoring now. Thanks, good people at MacRumors.

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I've never set up a new iPad, iPhone from iCloud but rather as new. Sorry you've experienced this situation on your brand new iPad Pro. As the others have states, restore the iPad using your Mac. I hope all goes well and enjoy your iPad Pro.

6. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

If you come into any more errors, put it into DFU mode and then restore again.

7. Wackery macrumors 6502a

I tried copying something from pages into Microsoft word and the iPad reset....

8. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

This is why you don't retore from iCloud backup has you all ways get what every bugs you may have on that iPad. All ways set up has new when you get your new iPad never from a backup

9. AliMacs macrumors 6502

It MUST BE THE 2GB OF RAM. IPad Pro 12.9" never crashed at all.

10. Wackery macrumors 6502a

It's something about the hardware...crashgate

11. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

I set up many iPads and iPhones from iCloud backup. And Macs from TM backups. Always. Never had a problem. Advising against this is overly cautious. One of the reason I use Apple products is that these kind of things just work.