Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Not buying last year's model. Was referring to the 10.5"

Yes

For those looking to buy the base iPad, the discounted pro 9.7 is selling for close to the same price and is a better iPad from what a read. A Best Buy ATT cellular 128GB 9.7 was at about $580, where the new 9.7 iPad 128GB cellular was about $560 when I was shopping yesterday. But it is an online, pickup at store deal only. Going straight to store cost another $70.

Non cellular models have other discounts.

Last edited:

ant_gamal

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2017
is it safe to got open box
as it will be hard to return it
i am out usa and tax will be very expensive in return

i planning to get pro 10.5 with 256 cellular on blackfriday

where best site to get it

the caveman

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
is it safe to got open box
as it will be hard to return it
i am out usa and tax will be very expensive in return

i planning to get pro 10.5 with 256 cellular on blackfriday

where best site to get it

I get open box at Best Buy all the time and have been for years. It is pretty safe

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Yes out of box it’s pretty safe for the most part. We test all of the units before they go on the sales floor as open box. Most of the times it’s customers that try it out and want to either upgrade to another device or just changed their mind completely. If you do find a problem with it you can still return it. One thing I always recommend is test the device out and make sure everything is located in the box that’s supposed to be there and make sure it’s the right model!!!! We have had a few customers that will buy the new iPad and return the iPad last years model they have had. Customer service has no idea when taking in the return and even though there supposed to match serial numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.