Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ballpark1313

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
My keyboard pops up and then goes right back down not allowing me to type anything in. I try to touch a single letter and it just doesn't do anything.

Since i have updated to ios 4.2.1 my keyboard won't work with several websites. The one I am having the most trouble with is the expense system called concur at work. The keyboard just pops up and disappears again. Many of my coworkers are having the same problems.

Any advice?

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Me too

I am also having the same issue with concur. Maybe we both work for the same company? (NJA)

It has somethig to do with the JavaScript changes in 4.2.1, and probably some nonstandard programming on concur's side. (I heard the web site also fails when using Chrome on the desktop.)

Concur does have an iPhone app, but the version my company uses is not compatible, and previous issues with the company's intranet/exchange owa have resulted in telling us to "we only support windows xp pc's running ie 6 or 7".

I don't have a solution, without JavaScript on the web site won't work, with it on you can't use either the on screen or external keyboard. This is a major problem for those who try to work on the road, vs at home on our days off.

I tried both icab and atomic web browser without success as well.

I am jost starting a tour today, I have no idea what to do, except take good notes for the week and do everything on my own time.

ballpark1313

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I recognize the name and we do work for the same company. I posted on our site and here hoping someone here would be able to help out.

Yeah...this sucks. I have to use the old briefs and try and remember what I expensed when I get home. I have sent apple several bug issues and I'm really hoping this gets fixed in the next update. Do you know who to bug at nja to try and get help with concur?

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
It's a user agent problem..should resolve if you tap outside a text field then back into it. Or buy a better browser and set the user agent.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
It's a user agent problem..should resolve if you tap outside a text field then back into it. Or buy a better browser and set the user agent.

Already tried to change the user agent several times to fake other browsers, still does the same thing. Clicking on and off the text fields don't matter either.

I have tried safari, icab, atomic web browser, they all do the same thing.

The web site has been unchanged for years (which is why it supports ie 6 only officially). The 4.2.1 update killed it from working.

The desktop safari still works, at least for now. Firefox desktop I've been told works. Crome desktop won't even log in, I've been told.

The irritating thing is that we could use the iPhone app if the company used a modern version, but a modern version probably would not be having these issues!

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.