Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
I can't be sure but suspect that we ladies expecting (fingers crossed) our lovely new iPods tomorrow may be in the minority here?

Anyone interested in a thread which focuses on female-friendly aspects of the iPad, accessories and useful Apps?

Would be grateful for any pointers!

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
My wife and I are both getting iPads, and she's just as excited about it as I am!

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
Great. My husband doesn't share my enthusiasm. Shame.

Would be great to hear from her though - although the previous poster seems to view this as 'clutter'!:)

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
I'm in the US and just got my iPad yesterday. I think it's fabulous! I read quite a bit last night on it and have been playing with it at work today as i'm going to be using it for work also.

Right now i'm trying to figure out how to borrow ebooks from the library on it. No success yet.

Alectric

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
I love my iPad and my wife who did not want one now lovers hers more than I love mine.:)

mizvalorie

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
This is how I have my iPad set up:

Coach Purse

PS Anti Glare Screen Protector

BELKIN Grip Vue

10.2 Incase Sleeve

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
This is how I have my iPad set up:

Coach Purse

PS Anti Glare Screen Protector

BELKIN Grip Vue

10.2 Incase Sleeve

I suppose that some of the accessories are only available in the US - but I'm over on business later this year - so would be glad of any pointers. I need something that's fairly robust as I'm negotiating the underground!

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Peonymac said:
I can't be sure but suspect that we ladies expecting (fingers crossed) our lovely new iPods tomorrow may be in the minority here?

Anyone interested in a thread which focuses on female-friendly aspects of the iPad, accessories and useful Apps?

Would be grateful for any pointers!

I think this was a good idea. You'll get "haters" no matter where you go or what you do. I've learned that often the best response to rudeness is no response ;)

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
I can't wait to get my hands on the lovely thing tomorrow. I know that we all have different lifestyles but it would be really interesting to share positives.

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
Now this is my type of thread! :D

I've only ordered the Apple case, but I'm definitely holding out for something a bit more glam - hopefully during the course of the year some designers will make something trendy, feminine but practical for the laydees! :D

Loving that Louis Vuitton case!!!

OP how come you're getting your iPad tomorrow - it's not fair! *sulks* :p

vant

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2009
Posting for my gf since shes not a forum girl.

She brings it around in a coach 13843 purse with the apple case. She rocks a mbp13 otherwise.

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
I think this was a good idea. You'll get "haters" no matter where you go or what you do. I've learned that often the best response to rudeness is no response ;)

Thank you too. I think that this could be a positive thread for us too. Thanks for the advice. Shouldn't have expected anything else ;)

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
Anyone seen the Mulberry for Apple range? http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5493/c5658/

I've got their handbags and they last forever and ever. Pricey, but in 'cost per wear' they're magnificent. We have an outlet about 40 miles from here so I may be paying them a visit in the very near future...or drop some hints to my husband!

By the way. For anyone who might be accused of iPad preoccupation in the near future - just make a reference to the Football World Cup in a couple of weeks - should do the trick! ;)

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
Anyone seen the Mulberry for Apple range? http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5493/c5658/

I've got their handbags and they last forever and ever. Pricey, but in 'cost per wear' they're magnificent. We have an outlet about 40 miles from here so I may be paying them a visit in the very near future...or drop some hints to my husband!

By the way. For anyone who might be accused of iPad preoccupation in the near future - just make a reference to the Football World Cup in a couple of weeks - should do the trick! ;)

They are gorgeous - can't wait to see what they do for the iPad. My bags are mainly Chanel, but I doubt that they will make any Apple related accessories though.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I tend to hang out more in the guy bag area - I'm not a girly girl! :D

I love my timbuk2 bag though, and end up using it just about most places! It fits my current life the best it seems.

I haven't had time to do much with mine since i got it, well, on the fun/playing side of things that is anyway. I keep waiting for some spare time.... It's not happening!

Like now, back to work!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I'm still VERY happy with my SFBags/Waterfield Designs Portable Muzetto. A lot of times I also enjoy popping my iPad into my Vera Bradley "Hipster" bag, too. Sometimes I just stick her into a messenger bag -- I've got a couple of fairly largish ones and also a really nice, more refined-looking Jack Spade one.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Peonymac said:

Nice site! I bought a purple leather hand bag at Macys that fits my iPad to a tee, not to mention abundant inside and outside pockets for accessories.

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
Thanks to everyone for joining in and the tips! A new gadget is a GREAT excuse for a new purchase to house/protect it, no matter what nature!
I did intend that this thread would be on the main iPad page as a discussion for all female-friendly aspects of iPad use, including accessories but now we've been moved so I hope that we'll still reach others interested in how our new gizmos can enrich/organise and generally amuse us and our loved ones in the future. :)

I get mine tomorrow and so can't really comment as of yet but hopefully we can exchange all manner of ideas. Anyone out there up for building a women's iPad website - would love to get involved in that? I m no feminist but most sites seem to have a strong testosterone content.

Am very excited. Hee, hee!

Will be back tomorrow, hopefully with my iPad.

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
I'm not a lady but I've bought an iPad for my wife as a suprise - I'll get her opinion as and when she's used it. :)

She's lucky! My husband was planning the same but I spoilt it by ordering one myself.

If it's any-fraction as useful as my iPhone is in the family context (keeping children amused, education, downloading and playing on TV....) then I can't wait!

Tell her to get in touch with us. :)

Peonymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Midlands, UK
Mr Downs is clearly a man of great intellect. I have reported this as offensive and have also requested that this thread be returned to the main iPad page as we don't just want to talk about 'accessories'. If other users agree, please let the moderators know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.