All iPads iPads, eyesight and hand size

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i0Nic, Dec 9, 2013.

?

If you bought and iPad Air or iPad mini please select the option that fits you most:

1. iPad Air - Poorer eyesight, smaller hands

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. iPad Air - Good eyesight, smaller hands

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. iPad Air - Poorer eyesight, bigger hands

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. iPad Air - Good eyesight, bigger hands

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. iPad mini - Poorer eyesight, smaller hands

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. iPad mini - Good eyesight, smaller hands

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. iPad mini - Poorer eyesight, bigger hands

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  8. iPad mini - Good eyesight, bigger hands

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. I haven’t bought a new iPad but I like to vote in polls.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

So like many of you I've been struggling with the decision between the iPad Air and the iPad mini. Two factors seem to stand out when I read comments, and I'd be interested to see if there's a correlation. Eyesight and hand size.

What I mean is that do people with poorer eyesight tend to go for the iPad Air? Do people with smaller hands tend to go with the iPad mini? What if you have small hands but poor eye sight?

Consider this a casual scientific study, would love to hear your thoughts.

For the poll I've tried to limit the amount of options as best as I can, so please be honest about your eye sight/hand size - if you think you have 'average' hands, try to think if they fall slightly on the larger or smaller size. If you wear glasses you probably have poorer eyesight, for example.

Let's see if there are any correlations.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Voted poorer eyesight, bigger hands. But I think my hands are about average, it's just that I've picked up a weird knack of thumb-typing on the full-size iPad in landscape, which I don't think many people find comfortable, but for some reason it works for me. I never did figure out a comfortable way to type on the mini, even though I had the original mini for nearly a year. Got the Air when it came out and not planning to go back to the mini.

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

My eyesight was pretty good until I read all of these confusing poll options. :eek:

But I think you're misinterpreting the reasons why people differentiate between the two iPads. It's most likely due to mobility, cost and of course, intended purpose for the device.

4. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

After a year on the iPad Mini and my poorer eyesight with smaller hands, I elected to go with the Air instead. Loved the smaller mini for portability, but for long browsing sessions, my eyes suffered (50+ eyes). I love my Air and the fact that it's much lighter than my old iPad 3 was a plus.

5. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

6. esskay, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

esskay macrumors 6502

I wanted to like the mini but the dot pitch (or effective dot pitch for retina) is too small for my eyesight. For me, it is too small to use comfortably for very long regardless of hand size.