iPads Getting Sold Out Now

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Arcadia310, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

A lot of people were somehow worried that iPads weren't completely sold out after the first day. :confused: Well I've been running around for like 4 hours trying to exchange my 64GB White Wifi for a 64GB Verizon Black and out of all the Targets, Walmarts, Best Buys, Verizon, and Apple stores around me, none of them had it. I even tried the 32GB models in either color, none had it. I was surprised. After a ton of phone calls, the stores really only had 16GB Wifis left and even those were running low.

Since Apple's website projects a 2-3 week wait for a new shipment, we're definitely going to see sellouts by next week. I was able to find a 32GB White Verizon but I really want the 64GB Black. Anyone know when Best Buy expects to get a new shipment in?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Where is your area?

Given that the online orders are still projected to ship in 2-3 weeks, I would agree that sales are strong. My guess is that whatever the stores had on Friday morning was all they were getting to last the weekend, so there may be brief sell-outs. However, I think this time around you won't need to wait as long for the stores to be restocked. They may get more in on Monday.

3. Built macrumors 68020

4. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I live in west Michigan and got myself a 32gb black wifi only iPad this afternoon. All the best buys in my area (there's 3 of them), and the Apple store were fully stocked. Only one Best Buy was missing one model, and that was the black 32gb wifi + 4g Verizon model.

5. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Just got back from Best Buy, broke down and picked up a 32gb Verizon 4G in black. They had over 50 iPads in stock, almost all flavors. I buy a lot of stuff at BB, and know most of the folks, they said only problems in this area across the chain for stock are 32gb wifi's.

6. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

It seems like this year Apple FINALLY made enough for launch. So glad I was able to get mine without a hitch! :D

7. madKIR macrumors 6502

I just came from the 5th Ave store in NYC and, of course, out of curiosity I checked what they had. They had ALL wifi models, the AT&T ones were sold out and they had the 64 GB Verizon in black.
    It's not even comparable to last year's craziness.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Still, it does seem to indicate that sales are strong. They have sold out of the 4G models with the exception of the most expensive Verizon model. I wonder how the UWS and Grand Central are doing. Let's see what Apple says next week. I expect they will make an announcement on Monday. It will be a testament to Tim Cook if this launch goes off essentially without a hitch (yesterday's FedEx "delays" were a relatively minor glitch).

9. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

Hillsdale store was sold out of everything but 16GB models. Glad I pre-ordered both white and black 64GB WiFi + 4G LTE (AT&T). We had no trouble receiving and setting them up yesterday.