iPads gonna get the "iPhone 8" treatment?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    So the 10.5 Pro reduced the bezels slightly, but do you think the iPads will ever go completely no bezel like the iPhone 8 rumors or do you think iPads need bezels for grabability?

I would imagine a completely bezeless 12.9' iPad Pro would be pretty fantastic.

2. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I doubt it. The bezels on the top and bottom are needed in my opinion. Unlike the iPhone, users need those bezels to hold the iPad in landscape. The iPad is just too big to not have that space to hold the iPad. Just my opinion though.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. To many times it's complained about why does their need to be bezels. Bezels serve for inadvertent touching on the display and act as a barrier for finger/hand placement. More specifically, the iPad should have bezels due to the size and weight for holding and over comfortability. But the iPhone very well could lead to a bezeless display with the size differences.

I do see bezels being reduced to allow for more display area, but I still see bezels being an advantage over completely abandoning them. Although, reduced bezels do allow for the device to be more aesthetically pleasing.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Probably not because of what was said above, but I do wish the iPad would get the water resistance and no home button treatment the iPhone 7 got. The mechanical home button feels weird now after getting used to the force touch home buttton on the iPhone. And it would be cool to use the iPad by the pool without worrying it might get splashed.

5. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I have to agree with this 100%.

The physical home button just seems weird after nearly a year of the 7+'s haptic button.