iPads in apple store are jailbroken!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supermac96, Nov 21, 2010.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

So I was in the apple store the other day looking at the Ipads. I noticed that the lockscreen looked different than normal ipads then when I unlocked it i saw installous on the homepage! could this be how they get all the apps on ipads for people to test in the apple store?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That's not how Apple gets applications on the iPads. That's someone's idea of a funny joke.

3. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

you would think the apple store would block jailbreakme.com though. how do you think it was jailbroken? and it actually was pretty funny to see an Ipad in an apple store of all places jailbroken!

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

The geniuses cannot keep their eyes on all the display models all the time. That is why they are chained to the tables. It doesn't take long to jailbreak.

I've seen people in the local Best Buy play with an iPad for 10 - 15 minutes or longer. They could easily jailbreak one in that time.

5. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I would expect it at a Best Buy or someplace like that. (Not putting Best Buy down -- they sell so many different products that you don't expect the floor people to master every product.)

I'm surprised you saw it at an Apple Store.

I can't imagine any legit reason to jailbreak one chained to a table. Probably some prankster.

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Maybe they just wanted to test it on someone else's (the store's) iPad to make sure they don't brick theirs.

7. Brradley macrumors member

I was at an Apple Store franchise inside another shop in Italy, all of the iPads there were jailbroken too with fontswap changed fonts etc!

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    The apple store isn't going to pirate apps from the App Store... They probably have a special account they use, or they receive them preloaded with specified apps as a demo.

9. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I'm surprised they're not auto-wiped each night like the computers. Maybe that'll come in iOS 5? :D

10. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Weird, jailbreakme.com is blocked on my local Apple Store. Redirects to apple.com. And iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4 have app downloading from App Store disabled.