iPad's iPod App

Discussion in 'iPad' started by realph, May 28, 2010.

1. realph macrumors regular

So after waiting in line all of last night up until this morning I finally got my hands on the iPad. I'm absolutely loving it, any doubts I had before went right out the window the minute I held it - you have to see it to believe it.

Surprisingly the UI on the device blows the hinges off what Apple previously did with the iPhone and I love that some developers have really gone all out with their apps while keeping it looking native.

Though the one app I was disappointed with was one of Apple's own - the iPod application. I can't help but feel it looks rushed, wanted to know if there are any others out there that felt the same?

2. pooryou macrumors 65816

Yeah I agree. Not enough use of album art or metadata, and I would like to create Smart Playlists on the device. Also would like to see iTunes Sharing and the Remote App integrated.

3. EthanXC1 macrumors member

Would someone mind posting a landscape screen shot of the ipod app? I caught a glimpse over the shoulder of someone today and it looked cool to me. Obviously I couldn't see the lack of features you guys are talking about in the short period of time.

Thanks in advance!

4. jeffkempster macrumors member

http://www.apple.com/ipad/gallery/

Click on the right arrow to the ipod screens...

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

It totally reminds me of iTunes 1.0. The lack of a dedicated shuffle button is annoying.

6. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

Not a fan of how it opens album artwork as soon as you play a song.