ipads on woot.com

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cforand1293, Mar 8, 2011.

1. cforand1293 macrumors regular

Just throwing this out, but woot.com is having a wootoff today, and they have rolled out 2 ipads, one was 16gb for 329.99 and one was a 16gb + 3g for 449.99. They are refurbs, and a little cheaper than you find on the apple site, but if you are out of the state of Texas you would avoid sales tax also.. Keep watching I'm sure they will roll out more...

:apple:

2. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

The 16 GB was sold out by 9:00 this morning. People must have gone crazy for them. Not a bad deal though- refurbs have to be somewhat better than anything bought off ebay/craigslist.

3. cforand1293 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, they did go fast... but worth the watch i guess.. Cool to see them moving cheaper... than most places...

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I was running an errand at Target yesterday. They had about a dozen new (v.1) iPads locked up that you just know are going to end up either on clearance or shipped to a consolidator. This store is not alone. It's very unlike Apple to leave so much old product in the supply chain. (Witness the last MBP turnover where old stock literally dried up just before the new models were announced.)

It feels like Apple was forced to show the iPad 2 slightly early to take attention away from the Xoom and in that rush have lots of old stock now. iPad-ess people will have a tough choice to make in the next few weeks while this old stock settles though the discount vendors.

5. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

If that's true, sucks for Apple but a win for iPad-less people! :cool: It'll probably force the Android tablet makers to lower their prices as well.