iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CreativeCanuck, Sep 14, 2012.

1. CreativeCanuck macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I'm a university student who will be leaving for a year-long exchange in two weeks. I have a Macbook Pro (2.5ish years old) that I will be bringing with me on my trip.

I am strongly considering getting the iPad 3.

Do you think it's worth getting if I already have a Macbook Pro? Do you have an iPad? If so, do yo use it often? Do you think somebody in my position would get good use out of it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

I just recently got my iPad 3 and I find it so much easier than to dragging around my MacBook pro for daily basic work like emails/surfing/light editing. But as a student, id stick with the laptop. The iPad for me personally wouldn't be enough for course work. I see the iPad as more of a lightly duty device .

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I would say that it's definitely worth considering if you're going to be traveling a lot.

Also i think an iPad is more likely to get pinched (smaller, clearly new...)

Not sure what kind of life you'll be living on the exchange though, so it's hard for me to say for sure.

4. CreativeCanuck thread starter macrumors newbie

I wouldn't replace my MBP with the iPad but, instead, use it for other things maybe?

5. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

In that case, I'd say yeah you can definitely find use for it. I say give it a chance and see how it works out for you.