iPartition issues

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alexlin9008, Aug 30, 2008.

1. alexlin9008 macrumors newbie

I tried to start up with the iPartition bootable DVD, but it goes to the  in the middle of the screen, then restarts. And restarts. And goes over, and over, and over. I've done it many, many times. Another issue I have is I want Coriolis CD maker to be able to burn to a partition instead of a DVD. I have leopard, but I dont have any cds with 1.7 gb, so I cant use ipartition with leopard. As in I can't do create new template > leopard install dvd > then burn to dvd, because I don't have a big enough cd. The original 10.4.9 one that doesn't work for me could fit into a CD.

Disk utility is also having mental issues. When I delete a partition, it become unusable free space that I can't merge with my original partition.

2. DGla macrumors newbie

This is most likely due to the "template" your bootable DVD uses. 10.4.9 templates are incompatible with newer Macs released in 2008. Run CDMaker again and either use the OS X install disk that came with your computer or select 'Internet (10.5.3, DVD, Universal, 530 MB)' as source in CDMaker and it will download a 10.5.3 image from Coriolis' server.

3. alexlin9008 thread starter macrumors newbie

It hates me

I already solved it by now. iPartition just plain doesn't work with my computer. I tried 10.5.3 with it, then I tried 10.5.2 with it. Both made by CD maker. It hates me. I had to use the install disk and do some wierd stuff to my computer. iPartition still isn't working.
    By the way, you responded several months after I posted it...

4. DGla macrumors newbie

Several months? More like 1 month and 10 days... I saw your post which was similar to an issue I had and replied, just in case someone else may be having a similar issue and finds your thread.