Ipartition Will Not Burn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by untypoed, Jun 25, 2010.

1. untypoed macrumors member

untypoed

I finally got Ipartition, and I have the Corolis CDMaker. But when I try to burn, it says there isn't enough space. When I look closer, I see that I will need 2315 MB of space on my CD to burn it. I'm on an Emac without a DVD burner. This is basically a slap to the face. Is something wrong? How can iPartition, which is around 19MB big, require that much space on a CD to burn?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I understand I'm supposed to drag the program to Corolis CDMaker, then hit Burn.

Btw, I'm on OSX Tiger. :apple:

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

I believe it's creating a bootable copy of OS X on the disc so you can run the program. So you need space for the program + space for an OS.

edit: and someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. untypoed thread starter macrumors member

untypoed

Lame! Is there any way I can just boot the program without OSX? The thing I'm trying to do is just take 10GB from the 40GB of Harddrive space I have, and install Panther on it.. so I have both Panther and Tiger. I got Ipartition because it allows you to partition without deleting any data. Problem is, it won't do a thing for me if I just go to Applications and launch it and try to partition, since I can't partition my startup volume.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"Is there any way I can just boot the program without OSX? The thing I'm trying to do is just take 10GB from the 40GB of Harddrive space I have, and install Panther on it.. so I have both Panther and Tiger. I got Ipartition because it allows you to partition without deleting any data. Problem is, it won't do a thing for me if I just go to Applications and launch it and try to partition, since I can't partition my startup volume."

Put iPartition on your BACKUP drive.

Then boot from the backup drive and "aim" iPartition at the internal drive (the one you want to partition).

MAKE SURE YOUR INTERNAL IS BACKED UP FIRST _BEFORE_ YOU TRY TO DO ANYTHING TO IT USING iPARTITION (shouting definitely intentional).