iPartition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by churin, Oct 3, 2011.

1. churin macrumors newbie

Anyone using iPartition? Using iPartition I shrank the W7 partition and the resultant unallocated space was used to create a data drive. My problem is that after creating the data drive the W7 boots only momentarily ending up with BSOD. Any remedy for this?

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Hmm.... sounds like a driver issue.

Have you tried running a search for the exact error you're getting in the BSOD?

I've had quite a bit of trouble in the past with resizing BootCamp partitions, although I know I've successfully done it with iPartition years ago.

3. churin thread starter macrumors newbie

The error code is 0x000000CE. I downloaded a patch file which reportedly will fix the problem. But when I switched OS X to W7, the BSOD no longer happened. I noticed on OS X before the switching that the system had to restart to have update(s) be effective so I let it do. Maybe this has something to do with the BSOD no longer happening. Or BSOD may come back later.

4. techguy20 macrumors 6502

So is it working now, or are you still getting the BSOD's?

5. churin thread starter macrumors newbie

BSOD came back. iPartition vendor convinced me that it had nothing to do with their utility: It was caused by incompatible trackpad drivers from Apple. Temporary fix is disabling on the Device Manager, "Apple Multitouch" and "Apple Multitouch Mouse" under "Human Interface Devices".
    So, I have to live with an external USB mouse for the time being until new driver becomes available.