ipatchup.com White parts, anyone with experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by troy14, Jan 24, 2011.

1. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Weird, searched google & mroogle no one has even mentioned this site!!I did a whois and it appears it was created Dec 1st, 2010, so it's a pretty new site.

http://ipatchup.com/products/White-iPhone-4-Conversion-Kit-Full-Housing.html

They have other iPhone accessories - everything seems real, real cheap. Kinda worries me. You get what you pay for, maybe?

I had a white iPhone 4 from iResQ but cracked the LCD =[, time to get a new one. Can't find a legit or reliable source for the parts.. so time to just experiment.

Worst case is that I have to do a chargeback - my CC company values me too much (trust me, haha) and they wouldn't offer me any problems.

I'll keep you guys updated - posting to see if anyone has tried the though.

2. martynov macrumors member

Never heard of that company before. In my research iresq was my primary choice but they stopped doing the conversions now which sucks. I was debating between a few companies but decided to go to a local company here in NY which has a pretty bad track record here but i had a positive experience with them. Maybe because i was a walk in so take my advice with careful research. The company name is ifixdirect

3. troy14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I talked to ifixdirect, few things. I signed up for their 'warranty' service about 3-4 months ago before my phone was broke. Sent them an e-mail asking how to set up a claim if anything happened (this is STILL before my phone was broke) and they never responded.

Fast forward (forgot my paypal was set up for automatic billing... $5 each month!) and I was like whoa, forgot about this (after cracked LCD & looking for a new one). Sent another e-mail asking how to file a claim and no reply.

Went into live chat and asked about it, I was disconnected. Cancelled paypal payments. Forgot about my LCD for a few weeks.

Went into live chat again and didnt ask, just asked about replacing the LCD if they could do the white one, he said $170. Didn't even bother with the warranty issues, i'm staying away from the company. Just my personal preference. I'm glad yours was successful. Hopefully someone from there contacts me before I pull the trigger on ipatchup.com - I really want to be able to trust them!

For $175 though I can get all brand new white parts (incl dock/headphone ports). I'm pretty handy so I can install them myself.

4. martynov macrumors member

Oh wow that sucks man. You should of talked to them on the chat or try emailing them again as i'm sure they would not mind helping you out. I contact them at support(at)ifixdirect.com if that helps or 8004418817. I dealt with the new owners (at least thats what they say) so maybe somethings changed.

5. countzero2k10 macrumors member

countzero2k10

I bought my conversion parts from ifixdirect last year as well and their support was terrible at the time. Recently though I contacted them regarding some issues and they have been very responsive and very helpful. I would definitely try them again.