iPen, Anyone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DesignKey, Aug 25, 2012.

1. DesignKey macrumors newbie

Why has apple not invested time and money into developing one of those pens that can write on an iPad and app to accompany it with an app? I just walked out of a lecture at stanford where nearly every one of us was taking notes on a computer. But I, like many others, value writing AND the ease of technology. So why doesn't apple? Also, maybe they're currently developing what I have described and I have no idea :D . Thoughts?

Ps. I know that there are 3rd parties that make those pens but quite frankly they all suck and I think apple could design a pen 10000 times superior.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Because Steve was hellbent against a stylus for the iPad.

3. nexusrule macrumors regular

http://www.wacom.com/en/products/bamboo/bamboostylus.aspx

Wacom makes graphic tablets and pen since years and are used from all the design professional from realistic illustration to comic book drawing. They definitely don't suck.

4. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

I believe you are looking for something like that Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1"

Wacom stylus with pressure sensitivity plus the S Memo app.

5. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Steve was referring to the iPhone.

6. GKDAIR macrumors regular

Because his thoughts about the ipad would have been so much different.

7. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

That was along time ago. But, yes, I believe they were.

Doesn't matter, Cook is in charge. If they can make a great stylus enabled screen, and the margins are good, they will make it.

8. DesignKey thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok...

Well then what is, right now, the best option for a tablet, computer, or some combination of the two, for taking notes with a stylus?

9. 725032 Guest

This will never, ever happen.

OP there are countless threads on this.

Please search before starting a new thread.

10. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

You should try the Adonis Jot Pro. Handles exactly like a real pen/pencil in any if your favorite handwriting enabled note taking apps. I use GoodNotes for example. I also use SketchBook Pro on my iPad for drawing.

11. slicecom macrumors 68020

12. GKDAIR macrumors regular

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Um...They've been developing a smart pen since 2008. I've been watching the patents closely because this is the one thing that will finally make the iPad my main device.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...ore-light-on-their-ipen-graphics-program.html

14. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

15. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I agree that it's the best option for fine tip on iPad stylus. I have one and tested fully to try to determine whether it would suffice for illustrating. However I have since purchased a Galaxy Note 10.1 and found it amazing for drawing. Most android drawing apps already support Wacom digitizer; my favorite is Sketchbook Pro, although there are others with better features.

OP, I am of the belief that at some point Apple will include a full digitizer in an iPad, perhaps an iPad Pro model. When, who knows. Until then, Android and Windows tablets are your only options and the clear winner for me (prefer ARM battery life) is the GNote 10.1. Certainly not a perfect device, but smooth OS thanks to beefy hardware and an excellent performing digitizer + pen that can be stored within the tablets body.

16. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Oops! I was wrong.

I still want stylus input like the Galaxy Note. Less for navigation and more for writing and sketching. With iOS, it may never happen. None the less, I want it. So, maybe, Galaxy Note? We'll see...