Iphodroid Released for Windows and Mac

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by momo8881, Sep 3, 2010.

1. momo8881 macrumors newbie

Iphodroid was released a couple days ago. The progam installs the android os onto an original iphone or 3g and allows for a dual boot of android and ios. Has anyone here tried it yet? I want to try it but I have yet to see anyone talk about a succesful install. The iphodroid forums have recently been redone so not much useful discussion is there. Any one out there got any details? Thanks!!

http://iphodroid.com

The download link is at the bottom of the page. iphone 1st gen and 3g only!! Be careful!!

2. cowsrus macrumors 6502

recieving my old iphone 3g hopefully this weekend from a friend i was loaning it to

was waiting for this to be ported to windows as i'm going to try it once i get it back

3. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Installing on my old 3G now, i cant wait to try this out.

EDIT: Really east install but extremely buggy. I guess android users are use to that though.

4. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

5. No ice please macrumors 6502

Is it really usable?

6. oglock macrumors member

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Second sentence of the OP "The progam installs the android os onto a iphone 3g only" , so I'm going to say no..

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

The last guy that posted on the forum for the project:

"marcusalves896
    there is no ANDROID MARKETPLACE
    There is no iPod
    You cant update launchpro because it needs an SD card the iPhone doesnt have an SD card
    Listen I managed to install this and after 40 mins a uninstalled it.
    I suggest you to install it but you won't like it."

So I guess still a few more tweaks to go!

9. momo8881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like i will wait...

I think I am going to hold off until they release the R14 version. There have just been too many weird releases of R13a-h with quite a few people having issues. R14 is due soon anyway.

Anybody know what is meant by "NOR Backup"? It is mentioned on the iphodroid site a couple of times. Supposedly the new R14 version will have the "NOR Backup" built in? I see it mentioned that this is an important precaution to take so I was surprised not to see any description of it.

10. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i did it before, its not even worth it

the only thing you can do is really surf the browser on wifi, no calls, market place, or anything

the touch screen is horribly inaccurate (when you are rearranging your homescreen)

11. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Yea thats pretty much it, but it is cool to play around with. A few co-workers have android phones so they got a kick out of seeing android on a quality phone finally!

12. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

used it to droid my 1st gen iphone, its not 3g only

13. momo8881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes you are right. I was wrong to post that it is 3g only. It is in fact for first gen iphone and 3g.