iPhone 1.0.2, iTunes 8 and the yellow triangle...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by intelibo, Oct 6, 2008.

1. intelibo macrumors newbie

Hey guys, sorry to spam here but am really stuck, and can't find help anywhere.

I have an iPhone 2G, unlocked, running 1.0.2 firmware, iTunes8 --- that is stuck on the "please connect to iTunes" restore mode screen.

Yesterday I went to take the jump to upgrade to 2.1 using pwnagetool, though read that I had to virginize the phone first. Unfortunately I updated installer beforehand, hence virginizer didn't work, now the iphone is stuck with that yellow triangle. Since then I have been spent hours and hours in a loop of trying to figure out what to do??

Downgrade iTunes to 7.5? Would a DFU restore to 2.1 be safe? How do I even downgrade iTunes??

I tried an option-restore 1.0.2 in iTunes but it failed (error 4).

I tried iNdependence thinking perhaps an app could save the phone, though it won't connect, and believe it won't work with iTunes 8 anyway.

Any advice or am I stuck in some kind of iTunes 8 vs old iPhone vortex??

2. The General macrumors 601

Open iTunes 8, restore your phone to 2.1, QuickPwn to unlock.

Erase iNdependence.

3. intelibo thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks.

So I don't need to worry about the whole virginize thing? Am getting conflicting messages around the net - just want to be sure it's not going to brick.

4. spinstorm macrumors 65816

You still have to virginise!

If you update to 2.1 you may damage your phone. I am not sure anyone has directly updated to 2.1 from 1.0.2 so I can't be 100% sure but its your choice.

If I was you there is not much you can do here.

I would grab an older computer and restore the phone to 1.0.2 and then jailbreak it and virginise it.

Right now your phone is STILL on 1.0.2 its just stuck in restore mode because of you updated installer!

Just use an older version of itunes download the 1.0.2 firmware - shift restore then do it correctly!

5. intelibo thread starter macrumors newbie

I managed get the phone out of restore mode using iLibery+. Yay! Then I virginized using this tutorial (with terminal & cyberduck for mac):

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13170

So now I have a 1.0.2 iPhone virginized and ready to upgrade to 2.1, however I'm not sure if...

I need to upgrade to 1.1.4 first?
    Or restore to 2.1?
    Or just use pwnagetool from the get go ie 1.0.2 ---> 2.1?

99% of the information out there is for 1.1.4, 2.0 and 2.1 users :(