Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
So, I watched the "update" video on Apple's Web site. See it here. I've seen this actor they've been using in the previous iPhone videos...but, he's so boring and so forced in this one, that I think he's reached his limit of usefulness.

The iPhone is so full of life, and this guy is so dull. I hope they change this up sometime soon; I don't want him to become the face of the iPhone at Apple.

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
He's not that bad IMO. I think he's better than the iPod Touch guy who looks like he has his eyes closed the entire time. I don't think he'll become permanent though. They don't seem to use the same person for very long.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
He's not an actor, he's actually the iPhone's product manager at Apple.

Yep, he's some sort of development manager of the iPhone at Apple. I liked his first videos, but agree the update video was boring. The update itself was pretty boring... all it did was add the iTunes store (more ways to spend money) and the Home button functionality (and a few minor things).

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
He's not that bad IMO. I think he's better than the iPod Touch guy who looks like he has his eyes closed the entire time. I don't think he'll become permanent though. They don't seem to use the same person for very long.

i definitely prefer the asian dude compare to that boring guy.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sure he's a nice guy and good at his job...the iPhone is great. :)

I just think these videos should be as dynamic as the phone itself. And, I this guy is just stiff and lifeless.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
I don't find him boring at all. Maybe not very dynamic, but not boring. Anyway, the point of the videos is to demonstrate the iPhone's features as clearly as possible. (and in this case, the new additions in the update). It's not a TV commercial, so being dynamic isn't really necessary.

I wonder why doesn't Steve Jobs do the videos himself. I don't see any reason against that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.