Iphone 1.1.3 leak scepticism.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ert3, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Rather than start a flamewar on the articles thread or the recent post here about the gizmondo video I am going to start the vote purely for skepticism here.

Now allot of the leaked features are ones that the iPhone has been needing/wanting for a while.

Though i would love to point out that in one of the "leaks" the Iphone owners name remains in the service provider area.

Also none of these leaks feature a picture of the about screen for the iphone to confirm that they are in-fact running version 1.1.3.

Maybe it is just in my nature to question things but I have seen similar firmware crazes over the PSP where some smart-ass proves his merit in digital art by fooling the PSP owning audience during every update lull.

2. The Phazer macrumors 68030

It would do, as long as the phone had been jailbroken and this changed before the update. If you upgraded previous firmware versions this still happened.

Meh, not sure what that would add. It's a heck of a lot easier to fake than the video is.

Phazer

3. confirmed macrumors regular

confirmed

i'm personally skeptical that this is 1.1.3.. my guess, it's an early firmware for the new SDK. with hooks for placing webapps on the home screen, it most likely also has the hooks for placing custom native apps as well. what we've seen so far in the screenshots and video is simply the UI, what's underneath in this firmware has yet to be seen.

i'm thinking this is 1.2 with SDK support. when apple said they'll release the SDK in february, that sounded very much to me like "we plan to release at mwsf, but we'll say february just in case."

4. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ert3

perhaps we wont see new firmware until february then.

Kinda makes sense.

5. Weezy F Baby macrumors member

Well even if the icon moving is fake, it is a sweet program and deserves to be praised by itself.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Im not sure if its real or not. It looked real, then again, they could all be hacks. Either way, it would be nice to get it. Im not hacking my phone, and i know all this stuff could be hacks already, makes sense too i guess. Im skeptical but i do hope its real.