Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
If it is really to include copy and paste, google maps upgrade with cell triangulation, SMS and/or MMS AND the ability to create/edit icons, to just name a few.....wouldn't it be more than just 1.1.3?

I think it would.

Perhaps Apple is moving forward features planned for 1.2.0 but ready now to make 1.1.3 a more compelling update announcement at MacWorld.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
I think earlier posters, who suggested that the 1.1.3 was an incomplete version to be replaced by 1.2 with quite a few surprising features, were on the right track.

I agree with this. I am surprised by the abosulte lack of reaction on Apple's part to this leak. It makes me think it is not much of a leak at all. Yes it is probably representative of features that are on the way, but I would be shocked if it were released in the form we have seen.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Copy/Paste

This would be nice and if 1.1.3 includes even half the features people have been bitching about (and jailbreaking over) I would assume this would put an end to many people feeling the need to JB their phones. I wouldn't have done it had that been the case.

This single feature alone would keep me from jail breaking....

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
OMG what a revolutionary feature! Cutting edge! :rolleyes:

Seriously. For the sake of 1999, I hope this is true. Unbelievable oversight.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Here's what I want which we will probably get:

True MMS
Multiple Recipients
Cut and Paste
Video Recording
Audio Recording
SDK

What I see in the future for the iPhone: Video conferencing with a front mounted cam on the iphone with 3G

I just got this phone for Christmas and I've been itching to jailbreak it so I can get all the cool apps now. But with all the exciting news I've been reading, I'm going to wait for the new up date.

Envykev

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

hmmmm would be nice to have. We'll see though.

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
The implementation is crucial

I'd love this feature, but it has to be a solid implementation. The mock up video was a good start, but if that was it I'd be unhappy.

uNext

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2006
This will just rock on the iphone
COME ON APPLE BRING ON THE COPY AND PASTE....

uNext

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2006

True MMS
Multiple Recipients
Cut and Paste
Video Recording
Audio Recording
SDK

What I see in the future for the iPhone: Video conferencing with a front mounted cam on the iphone with 3G

I just got this phone for Christmas and I've been itching to jailbreak it so I can get all the cool apps now. But with all the exciting news I've been reading, I'm going to wait for the new up date.

Amen to those features

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Man, that video was hilarious. I think if it has all these features, (as others have said) it would be more fit for 1.2.0 as opposed to 1.1.3.

ajhill

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2007
The Best!!!

Has there ever been a company that has moved technology this far forward, at such a rapid pace and with such elegant products? I mean, iPhone, iPod, Leopard, iMac?

These guys and gals that create this stuff are amazing. I'm glad to see the world is catching the Apple wave!

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Now only if they can get OS X to "Cut and Paste" :rolleyes:

:confused:

You might want to explain what you mean here.

True MMS
Multiple Recipients
Cut and Paste
Video Recording
Audio Recording
SDK

What I see in the future for the iPhone: Video conferencing with a front mounted cam on the iphone with 3G...

Yeah, I want all that and a frickin' pony. :D;)

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Yep. An app should it could be done for 45 secs a pop.

I am pretty sure the chip or one of the chips inside it also is a video compressor among other things.

The proof of concept app was 45 fps for 5 seconds. They're trying to make the final version 15-30 fps, only limited in length by storage. Wonder if its the h.264 chip that can compress video in real time for upload?

I'm willing to bet that if there are more features, and since these videos never showed the firmware and it's unfinished, that the firmware still reads 1.1.2. I bet there will be some really cool extra features unveiled at macworld, 1.2, on Friday, February 29th that will also support the Sdk apps. It will barely make the deadline. New iTunes with app sync support will also be released just before and the strings will show up for it. That's what I think anyway.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I had a feeling that once 1.1.3 was leaked Apple would go out and add some more features. Copy/paste would be awesome. If I got that all I would still want is MMS.

Island Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
St. Cloud, FL.
Eh, I will believe it all when I see it. I'm still waiting for the delete multiple e-mails function that was on my cell phone from years ago.

blueflame

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2003
Studio City
Despite it driving me crazy...

I think Apple is smartly "building in" the features. so everyone gets their iphone, learns every single last thing of how to use it, then they add more. kinda keeps the feeling simple, less of a learning curve.

I just get the idea that they are still playing on the everyone tells their friends type thing. each person becomes a walking demo.

Anyway, just because I think this makes sense, I still want my update now, why do we have to wait for an event for a small software update, just release it when its ready already.
A

Vegeta-san

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
Has there ever been a company that has moved technology this far forward, at such a rapid pace and with such elegant products? I mean, iPhone, iPod, Leopard, iMac?

These guys and gals that create this stuff are amazing. I'm glad to see the world is catching the Apple wave!

Wow bro...Keep drinking the kool-aid man...Keep sippin it down....

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

bbplayer5 said:
Give me ichat and i promise i wont hack my phone again Steve!

YES PLEASE

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

blueflame said:
I think Apple is smartly "building in" the features. so everyone gets their iphone, learns every single last thing of how to use it, then they add more. kinda keeps the feeling simple, less of a learning curve.

I just get the idea that they are still playing on the everyone tells their friends type thing. each person becomes a walking demo.

Anyway, just because I think this makes sense, I still want my update now, why do we have to wait for an event for a small software update, just release it when its ready already.
A

Perhaps because it is more than a small update? I think this is a bigger, SDK build with more security to boot. The iPhone is the biggest story of the last few years for Apple, they will want to create more wow at Macworld. SJ: "Boom! New features for everyone, even more with iPhone 2.0."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.