iPhone 1.1.4 vs. 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Sep 17, 2008.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I have a 3G that is now upgraded to 2.1. They fixed a lot of stuff and it seems good...not great but good. For fun I decided to downgrade my V1 iPhone back to 1.1.4 and Jailbreak.

I have to say that, comparing the two versions, 1.1.4 is still superior! After using 2.1 for the last week or so 1.1.4 feel way more responsive with zero hesitation. It feels faster and cleaner (if that makes sense). 2.1 is very nice but I'm seriously considering just hanging on to my V1 iPhone. The only thing I think I will really miss is the 3G speeds.

I could really tell a difference!

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

wait. Do you have a metal iPhone or an iPhone 3G? If you have an original metal iPhone then no matter what you're not going to be able to run at 3G speeds. If you have an iPhone 3G then it probably won't run 1.1.4 very well since it wasn't meant to run it.

3. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I have both. But the phone I'm referring to referring to as being faster and having less hesitation is the first gen phone ("metal"). I am comparing the user interface between 2.1 on the 3G and 1.1.4 on the 1st gen phone.

4. pcmedics911 macrumors newbie

iphone 1.1.4 vs 2.1

Have supported both on V1 and yes, 1.1.4 is superior in terms of the avail apps...though it would be nice to have last.fm, aol radio and the current apps from the app store.

biggest positives are swirly mms (pic mail) and iphone vid recoder (send video via email or text msg / email). Cydia is on 1.1.4 as a 1.0 version and it has a good % of apps that are on the 2.0 jb.

3G would be better of on the 2.0 format but i dont think v1 is going to be great .