iPhone 1 found, help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beardyboy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. beardyboy macrumors newbie

Hey. walking down the street today i found an iphone 1, i think, im not clued up on iPhones as im a blackberry user myself. Anyway i want to return it to its owner, problem is the screen is cracked and it doesnt switch on so im guessing the lcd screen has gone on it, however it does have an IMEI number and a Serial No. Im guessing it has dropped out his or her pocket and unfortunatly got run over or something alike, however maybe he can salvage his photos/memories from it and possibly get it repaired who knows!
    Anyway how would i go about finding the rightful owner of the phone?

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i would hand it in to ATT. thats the best way i believe. they can look up the IMEI number there.

3. beardyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

ATT is an American phone comany but of your not from America then I wouldn't try them. Perhaps try going to local phone shops and see if they can check the serial number and trace the original owner or maybe the police?

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it is an iPhone 1 ... not worth the postage it would cost to return it

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Yes! There are still good people out there in the world. No need for me to lose all faith in humanity...yet.

7. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Hey op thats nice of you! but i have one question!! :D :D
    What if you found a new iphone 4?

8. cdinca, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

cdinca macrumors 6502

where did you find these?

Sorry OP... It is right on the back.

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Where are you located at OP?

It is obvious thou is not American

10. saberahul macrumors 68040

Sorry but this made me laugh... LOL. Anyways, it is a wireless phone company which provides service for the iPhone 1. You can google their CS *customer service* number and contact them by dialing the digits on your phone. You must use a phone that works in order to dial these digits as the iPhone wouldn't do it. Also, remember that you have to dial these digits in the order they appear and should use the number that pertains to your area.

11. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

Hahaha my bad OP. which country are you from. You should hand it in to the phone company. I don't know which one carried the first iPhone or if there was more than one. Does it have a sim possibly. The company might be on that.

12. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

fyi.. America isn't the only country in the world. obviously the OP isn't from the US and calling AT&T will do absolutely nothing.

13. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

That's what I'm wondering. I'm. I can't remember 100% but I don't think this info is located anywhere on the phone. :confused:

14. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i believe its under settings>general>about. but since he has cracked screen it also tells you in iTunes.

15. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Isn't the serial number located on the back of the iPhone underneath the word "iPhone"? I never owned the first generation iPhone so I can't say for sure.

16. dave006 macrumors 68020

The Mini-SIM should have the name of the phone carrier and the ICCID of the last customer that registered the Mini-SIM.

The serial number is also on the originial iPhone SIM tray on the band around the slot to drop the Mini-SIM in.

Dave

17. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I've got a first gen device and it does say the serial number and IMEI number on the back.

18. cdinca macrumors 6502

Yes...yes it is. I've got a couple iPhone 1s also, and I could have just looked. It just hadn't occured to me that they would have printed that info on the back. Sorry OP.