iPhone 1 Gen On PrePaid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MAC MAN JW, Aug 9, 2011.

1. MAC MAN JW macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

Hi, i got a 1 gen iPhone off ebay yesterday and i wood like to use my AT&T Gophone Sim card with it that is in my old phone(LG Neon GT365) i got back in 2008 i think? but now with $200+ on it. i googled and it is not so clear on how to do this? The iphone is already unlocked and jailbroken it is the 8GB model. i seen some wear how you can get cellular web on it even with gophone but i lost the webpage and can not find it anymore. i have wi-fi at are house so if i can not use mobile web that is ok but wood like to if it can be done. Her is my iPhone http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320740461502&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_951 and will a iPod touch 4g cord and charger work with the iPhone? Thank You For Your Help:)

2. MAC MAN JW thread starter macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

3. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I'm not clear on AT&T's rules regarding prepaid first generation iPhones so I would just call them up and ask. Chances are, if they don't allow prepaid plans on the original iPhones anymore, you can nudge them into allowing it on that phone (since the original iPhone was sold as a prepaid device at one time). My experience with AT&T's customer service is that they are pretty understanding and often will allow small gestures like this.
    You could also just pop your SIM into it and see what happens when you try to activate the phone through iTunes or if the iPhone will just be active from the get-go (since you have it unlocked).

As for the cords and charger, any iPod/iPhone/iPad USB cord and charger will work and you can even still charge it using a Firewire cord + charger.

4. MAC MAN JW thread starter macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

Thank you for your reply:)

5. MAC MAN JW thread starter macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

I got it working, all i did was put my sim card in my iphone and turned it on and a text came up when it loaded. i even got data on it so now it is a true iPhone:) it was very easy Thank You for help:)

6. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Just a reminder to be careful and don't restore the iPhone's OS or upgrade the firmware without knowing how to jailbreak and unlock it again!

If it was an original US iPhone phone then it will be relocked to AT&T so please use caution.

Dave