iPhone 1 problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WRIGHTRACING, Dec 14, 2010.

1. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Lady at the post office has an original iPhone she wanted me to look at. I told her I would try and figure this thing out, but don't think I will have much luck.

It doesn't power on, on it's on. When you plug it in, or hook up to pc, the screen will flash from nothing on it(as it looks when it's off), to a light black(not fully powered black, like the start-up screen, but barely showing). It flashes over and over, and then it will start flashing to the start-up screen, then back off and on again. I've tried hooking it up to iTunes and no luck. Tried putting it in DFU mode, but it won't because it keeps flashing.

Any ideas what could be wrong, and is it worth the fix? I was hoping to get it working for the free data thing, and then give it back to her.:confused::confused:

2. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

3. candelario23 macrumors newbie

You can try puttung the phone in dfu mode. Even though there is nothing on the screen.

4. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for not reading my post...Glad you just blurt things out, and hope you're right.

Next I will try dropping it in the toilet and see if that works.:rolleyes:

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It got hardware damage.
    Not much you can do but give it back to her and tell her to buy a new one.

6. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help, or info, I just was trying to help her, and myself at the same time. Looks from the other thread I saw today that the DATA deal was cancelled anyway so:mad: