iPhone 1 repair

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lotso, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

I have 3 original iPhones. One has a broken speaker but the screen is fine, and the other two the screens are broken. So I was wondering how hard it would be to take the working screen of off the broken speaker iPhone and put it on one of the iPhones with a working speaker but broken screen.

Basically I'm asking how hard it is to take the LCD + Digitizer + LCD out with out separating them. Is this very difficult?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's easier to take the broken speaker out and put a new one in. Also the two broken screen iPhones what are you doing with them??

3. Michael70 macrumors newbie

iphone 1 repair

Hi
    I have had an iphone since 2008 whuich has always worked perfectly. Since recently the microphone is defective, I cannot be heard when I call or receive calls. Therefore i have a phone that does everything else but work as a phone ! Any idea if and where i could have it fixed ... or if i can fix it myself.
    Thanks for your help
    Best regards
    Michael

4. Lotso thread starter macrumors 6502

Lotso

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Really? So it's easier to remove the bottom speaker of one of the working iPhones? Interesting.

5. Lotso thread starter macrumors 6502

Lotso

And I was thinkin of keeping the other iPhones and slowly buying replacement parts for them.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The broken screens (digitiser) can be found on ebay for next to nothing and there are plenty of guides to fix them.

Back to the speaker.. I should have asked which speaker. If it's the one at the bottom u can buy just that part. If it's the earpiece then u need to replace the frame behind the digitiser.

7. Lotso thread starter macrumors 6502

Lotso

8. tia12 macrumors newbie

Bring it to the iPhone Repair Doctor. They can fix it better. Or sell the device for parts. Then get a new one. It's safest this way.

9. sofia20 macrumors newbie

I had once a broken iphone. She referred me to an iphone repair. It's mobilephonerepairsbrisbane.com.au