Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Got my Space Gray iPhone X about 2 hours ago and finally finished getting it all setup. Must say the screen is beautiful, Face ID works flawlessly, and I love having the all glass design back like from the iPhone 4 which I consider the peak of iPhone design. Charged and powered up my original iPhone and it's quite amazing to see the difference in 10 years time Apple has made to the iPhone.

D35oXWy.jpg

SJSg0hE.jpg

CLS727

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2018
Nice... I wish I held on to my 2007 model... sold it right away when I bought the 3G.... it's definitely a piece of history now..... 'sealed' boxes are fetching big numbers on eBay

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I still have my iPhone 2g. Loved that phone. Still fire it up occasionally just for nostalgia sake.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
10 years ago I was using a sidekick until the G1 launched. From there I used Android until the 4S launched and now I have a X.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
I still miss the old anamorphic icons, they were so much nicer than these flat boring things that we are stuck with today.

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
If anybody truly felt that way they would still be using it

Can't use it if most of the newer apps won't run on it. :)

But, it was much easier to use and less convoluted. It had a charm that the new iPhones just don't have anymore.

One could argue that the design of the phone, however, didn't change from 2007-2016. I mean the front of the phone was basically the same, the only change was in dimension.
[doublepost=1547819870][/doublepost]
I still have my iPhone 2g. Loved that phone. Still fire it up occasionally just for nostalgia sake.

Me too. I actually still have every iPhone I've ever used.

MRrainer

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
It's true though that iOS was much simpler back then - because a lot of things just weren't possible.
These days, there are so many options, so many so many switches - it's exhausting just looking at them.

Though, if you don't use any 3rd-party apps that need to access anything from the iPhone (camera, microphone, contacts, location...) and switch off most notifications, that simplifies things a lot (and extends battery life).
That's pretty much the iOS 3 experience then ;-)
I never had the original iPhone, my first iPhone was the 3GS. I do have an iPhone 3G that was used for on-call here at work. So I sort-of know how iOS looked like back then. It's stuck on iOS6 IIRC.

user_xyz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2018
10 years ago I purchased the iPhone and had to return it because it couldn't be used for a clear Phone Call...

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I remember getting the original, and if you messed with it for a couple hours, it would have to be recharged! Now I have an XR and can go two days without a charge!

I didn’t keep the original because of that, but bought the 3G, and had every iPhone made (except 5C, which we got my mom) up until the X (got the 8+ instead), then this year I got the Max and swapped it for the XR because of issues with the OLED.

Reactions: Broadus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.