iPhone 1015 after attempted upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AshGSmith, Sep 4, 2011.

1. AshGSmith macrumors member

hey all, it's been a while since I've posted and unfortunately, it's bad news!

I've tried to upgrade to iOS 4.3.5 and I've been given the 1015 error code. I'm now stuck in an never ending loop of recovery modes! I was on a jailbroken iOS 4.3.1 before and I've had no luck getting out of this loop.

Please can someone help me as it's imperative I have my phone working tomorrow and I'm really starting to worry that I won't be able to! I'm running Mac OSX Lion if that helps at all.

I will literally love you forever if you can help me fix this! lol!

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Tried on another computer with newest version of iTunes?

Checked your host-file to see if it's like it should be?

3. AshGSmith thread starter macrumors member

Not tried a different computer but everything seems like it should be in the hosts file. Although it won't let me make any alterations as I apparantly don't have the correct permissions to edit files in the "etc" folder. Any advice on that? :)

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Are you using a PC or MAC?

5. AshGSmith thread starter macrumors member

I'm using a Mac. I've tried on my MacBook Pro as well rather than my iMac, both with the same results (the 1015 error). Really starting to worry now :(

6. Livinloud11 macrumors newbie

For the 1015 error once it updates you can open tiny umbrella to force it out of recovery. You must leave the code up on itunes when you do it also. Just open TU then hit exit recovery after trying to update.