iPhone XS Max iPhone 11 Max spec bump?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Curious if the new iPhone Max coming this Fall, will have improved battery life ?

- I heard a rumor larger batteries are coming ? is that true?
- A13 chipset, will it be on a new smaller process?

Reactions: latifuakinade

JPack

macrumors 601
Mar 27, 2017
Kuo is predicting 10-15% increase in battery capacity for 11 Max. This is to accommodate the more powerful Face ID.

A13 uses 7nm EUV. It allows for smaller features on certain parts of the chip compared to regular immersion 7nm.

aakshey

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2016
Kuo is predicting 10-15% increase in battery capacity for 11 Max. This is to accommodate the more powerful Face ID.

A13 uses 7nm EUV. It allows for smaller features on certain parts of the chip compared to regular immersion 7nm.
Who said it’s for Face ID?

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Curious if the new iPhone Max coming this Fall, will have improved battery life ?

- I heard a rumor larger batteries are coming ? is that true?
- A13 chipset, will it be on a new smaller process?
Historically each iteration of the iPhone has had an increase in battery life. So I'd be surprised if this year's iPhone doesn't follow suit. Will it be via larger battery or more efficient processors or a combo of both, and what the chipset will be, is just predictions based on rumors at this point. Nothing is official until it's debut in September like usual, if history repeats itself.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

YaBoiD

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
I'd assume the increase in battery capacity will be to accommodate the feature similar to Samsung's Wireless Powershare that can charge another wireless device by resting it back to back with the upcoming iPhone 11. Should be very useful especially with charging our AirPods.

Reactions: Hi Tek

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I would expect the iPhone to increase battery life for one other reason, and if Apple does increase the battery life let’s say on the XS only, I also believe that might be in part because of ‘reverse charging’ is coming eventually. Now, rather that be for the ‘iPhone 11’ or the next generation iPhone, we don’t know, but that has been specified a feature to offer that Samsung does currently with the Galaxy, also which would only make sense for Apple to increase the battery life on those phones to support that type of technology.

Last edited:

blkjedi954

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
Historically each iteration of the iPhone has had an increase in battery life. So I'd be surprised if this year's iPhone doesn't follow suit. Will it be via larger battery or more efficient processors or a combo of both, and what the chipset will be, is just predictions based on rumors at this point. Nothing is official until it's debut in September like usual, if history repeats itself.
Not true. The last two iterations demonstrated this. iPhone 8 came with a 1,821mAh battery, which is smaller than the 1,960mAh of the iPhone 7. My how our memories betray us.

aakshey

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2016
Not true. The last two iterations demonstrated this. iPhone 8 came with a 1,821mAh battery, which is smaller than the 1,960mAh of the iPhone 7. My how our memories betray us.
Battery size and battery life aren’t the same thing.

Reactions: DevinNj