Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jzamora1978

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2018
Is anyone using their IPhone 11 naked? I have the a Spigen Ultra Hybrid, and coming from X, the phone seems really big with a case on it. I have apple care through T-Mobile with $29 screen repair, I might roll naked. If you are, tempered glass screen or no?

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I did for a couple days but I like the grip of having a case so I’m using the leather Apple cases.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Good topic. I don’t see this question asked often.

Sometimes. Unfortunately this phone is slippery compared to the X/XS, my only real complaint. So I use an Apple Leather case about 50% of the time.

Reactions: Jzamora1978

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I don’t own an iPhone 11, but all I can say is I would never use a $1,000+ phone without an Otter Box case.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I am using a very thin carbon case and a GSP, as close to no case as you can get with some grip and a great feel to it.
I really want the black leather folio too for travelling but $199Aud here is a killer.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I use an ultra thin case on mine for extra grip with minimal protection from scratches. its those 0.02 mm cases that I prefer over the regular bulky cases.

Jzamora1978

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2018
I’ve gone one day competently makes with the phone, and I have to say, it is nice. Seems like I am more careful with it. So maybe I’ll keep it this way for a bit.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Hate cases. Still using my 11 part time in the house only as I need to make the decision to keep or not (likely I will). But this will be my first glass back phone and while it’s naked it feels great in the hand but I gotta protect the rear glass. Scratches are the main concern so a skin just for the glass is probably my best option. But sticking a “sticker” on my £700+ device is not appealing. Never felt the need for a screen protector as it changes the feel.

Apple, let me choose to not have wireless charging so I can have a metal back again and keep it naked!

Last edited:

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
i would like to use my iPhone 11 pro Max MG naked but nervous something out of my control will happen to it, im very careful with my devices, but it might not always be my fault.

Reactions: Jzamora1978

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
Is anyone using their IPhone 11 naked? I have the a Spigen Ultra Hybrid, and coming from X, the phone seems really big with a case on it. I have apple care through T-Mobile with $29 screen repair, I might roll naked. If you are, tempered glass screen or no?

how do you like the spigen Ultra hybrid? does it feel like it offers good protection when dropped?

I currently have the spigen tough armor and it’s great for my iPhone X. But I wanna upgrade to iPhone 11 in yellow and

Jzamora1978

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2018
how do you like the spigen Ultra hybrid? does it feel like it offers good protection when dropped?

I currently have the spigen tough armor and it’s great for my iPhone X. But I wanna upgrade to iPhone 11 in yellow and
I like it. I got the black one, not the clear one. The black one has a black bumper and clear back. Only thing is fingerprints show a lot on the back, but not that big of a deal. It’s good

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
I like it. I got the black one, not the clear one. The black one has a black bumper and clear back. Only thing is fingerprints show a lot on the back, but not that big of a deal. It’s good

cool thanks. yeah that's the one i was planning to get, the black bumper and clear back.

Aceroller

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2015
Bought the Apple leather case and silicone case, but just decided to go naked. I find that while the back of the phone is more slippery than the back of the XS, the steel sides are grippy enough for me. Feels so good without protection. (TWSS).

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
i would like to use my iPhone 11 pro Max MG naked but nervous something out of my control will happen to it, im very careful with my devices, but it might not always be my fault.

I have a 11 Pro Max in MG and I have been using it naked for over 2 months now. So far, no handling issues but I do have AppleCare+ for any unexpected.

I really want to enjoy the phone as it is and not just wrap inside a case...that’s just me.

Btw, I am finding it more slippery than my Xs Max.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

I always just put a skin on my phones.

I haven't had a phone damaged or scratched yet and I find cases too bulky.

A skin also makes the phone easier to hold.

Note: Choose glossy for the screen portion of the skin.

Last edited:

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Question for those that use their phones naked. Do you ever worry that your phone is embarrassed?

• Haha
Reactions: Dino F

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

I had the Space Crystal colour of the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and whilst i loved the look of the case, I just absolutely hated the clear glass back as it was such a fingerprint magnet. Even the shortest of touches (i.e. picking up the phone, for literally 1 minute to reply to a text) resulted in the back just being covered in fingerprints (even after washing my hands!!).

But I guess, using a naked iPhone (I have the iPhone XS Space Grey with the glass back) would do the same exact thing - thats why I am so reluctant to use it naked even though the naked phone looks SO good and even feels super awesome!

:(

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Yes mine has been bare for about a month. There's some risk, but you just have to be careful. It's like a test; if you flunk, you're broke and a loser, simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aceroller
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.