Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
I thought last year's launch had the XS available for Apple's Employee Purchase Plan. This year, it allows me to go all the way to "choose your carrier", but there are no options and the "continue" button is greyed out. The LCD iPhone 11 shows normal options and the ability to complete the order.

Can anyone with EPP verify 11 Pro availability? How long does it usually take for brand new iPhones to hit the store?

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Same thing on the vet/military site. Can't continue. I wanted to check if they were at least offering discounted applecare but couldn't get that far in my faux order! Maybe later today or tomorrow they'll get around to bringing up the other sites?

burrzoo

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
I experienced the same with my EPP & an iPH Pro. No carrier link enabled.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
I got an email from our market leader and basically EPP pricing will be announced soon, I think they’re seeing the demand before they release them on EPP

Reactions: burrzoo and Shoju

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
Ok just tried again and the carrier select is available, as is the "continue button" (side note, how long has epp discount been available ONLY for non-sim/unlocked versions?).

Got excited, but... the next page after "continue" is "not found".

So, progress. Just one more step... :)

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
As a point of reference, I found our receipt from my wife's XS purchase last year via EPP. It was on Sept. 25, 2018. That's four days past the launch day, and I expect the XS was initially in higher demand than the 11 Pro.

So, I'd expect EPP store availability real soon.

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
I just checked mine from last year and it was from Sept 17 (XS Max via EPP)! It was available on Monday right after the weekend of last year’s launch day (Sept 14).
Let’s see what Monday brings...

Last year's pre-order date was on the 14th, but they didn't launch until a week later on the 21st. I didn't pre-order last year, but I was still able to do same day pickup on the 25th.

I'm guessing early next week we should be able to order the unlocked versions on EPP.

Reactions: Shoju

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I have a EPP discount as well through work, but I’m not seeing any discount, is this accurate??

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
iPhones aren’t discounted.

Edit: I’m wrong. 10% discounts are posted now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoju

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
Got full discount from Apple's EEP today. Ordered the Pro, should arrive early October.

I usually ordered the unlocked version, but I've also ordered carrier locked versions for the discount. Those are all still at full price. Last week when I bought an XR for my son it was the same deal - no discount for carrier locked phones.

Just wondering, has this always been the case?

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Huh, I thought Apple don't offer any EPP discounts on the iPhone? This was a few years back, but I thought it's still the case.

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
Huh, I thought Apple don't offer any EPP discounts on the iPhone? This was a few years back, but I thought it's still the case.

It may have seemed that way. In years past, Apple would add the newest phones to the EPP stores only after supplies had stabilized, which for some models took months. The past few years it's been less than a week.

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
From what i remember, the EPP site always allowed for discount, as long it wasn't a contract subsidized phone. I think i bought my wifes iPhone 7 unlocked for 25%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.