Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IGWT15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2015
Miami, Florida
Hello,

Does anyone know of a brand or company that sells any type of antenna booster signal for the iPhone? And do they even work?

Thanks,

crouch

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Ooooh I'd love to know this too. We live in Washington DC, and currently have an 11 Pro and 11 on AT&T, and the cell coverage in our house is absolutely terrible: no data/cell connections often, going to about 1.5 Mbps down when we're lucky. My XS last year did the same thing, and I even had the thing replaced at one point (so we know it's not the individual phones). In other areas of DC the connection is wonderful. It's just our particular house/neighborhood that's awful.

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
Ooooh I'd love to know this too. We live in Washington DC, and currently have an 11 Pro and 11 on AT&T, and the cell coverage in our house is absolutely terrible: no data/cell connections often, going to about 1.5 Mbps down when we're lucky. My XS last year did the same thing, and I even had the thing replaced at one point (so we know it's not the individual phones). In other areas of DC the connection is wonderful. It's just our particular house/neighborhood that's awful.
were you better off signal wise on your iphone 6 or 7?

crouch

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
were you better off signal wise on your iphone 6 or 7?
I had a Qualcomm-based 8+ before my XS that spoiled me. There's been a ton of debate about whether the Qualcomm-based phones truly had better reception (was it the modem? Or a better antenna?) but the XS and 11 Pro and 11 have been a step back reception-wise, at least in our area of DC. That said, in other parts of the city, the newer phones absolutely fly.

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
I had a Qualcomm-based 8+ before my XS that spoiled me. There's been a ton of debate about whether the Qualcomm-based phones truly had better reception (was it the modem? Or a better antenna?) but the XS and 11 Pro and 11 have been a step back reception-wise, at least in our area of DC. That said, in other parts of the city, the newer phones absolutely fly.
its both, the iphone 8 and 8+ antenna design is considered the gold standard among iphones, that and the qualcomm chip also helped. there are many reviews out there stating the qcomm iphone x is more reliable and faster than the intel iphone x

Woody1073

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom
I’m coming from a galaxy note 9 to the iPhone 11 Pro Max and unfortunately for me signal/reception is poor in comparison for example I often use hotspot and connected to my phone I usually have nowtv (sky for those don’t know about nowtv) and I also have a laptop connected and when my two daughters visit me their iPads are also connected to my phone, with the galaxy note 9 everything ran smoothly they could watch hd videos on YouTube and I’d be watching a film on sky and it was like everything was connected to broadband, with the iPhone 11 Pro Max I can have everything connected as before except for nowtv otherwise everything runs slowly, I’ve done the usual reset network, turn iPhone off then on and a couple of other things I’ve read but it seems Samsung could teach Apple a thing or two about aerials but apart from that the max is excellent but I really need that excellent signal/reception that I’ve been used to in the past.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
There is no such device per se. At home, turn on WIFI calling. ATT also has a device that will do the same thing as WIFI Calling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.