Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N.Ra260

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Hi guys. Been using my first iPhone ever really like it but I’ve noticed this in the earpiece not sure what it is. Any ideas? Phone fairly new. Many thanks

Attachments

• 48B0496C-CB08-41CA-A913-260D049189F8.jpeg
    48B0496C-CB08-41CA-A913-260D049189F8.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 3,825

N.Ra260

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Try isopropyl alcohol on a Q-tip and see if it removes it
I think it’s the microphone under the earpiece but that shouldn’t show? I’ve tried wiping etc with cloth but nothing. Thank you for replying

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I read this / 2nd microphone for siri is on the proximity sensor flex cable, located right under your ear speaker on top.
Do you have any idea what it could be?

thanks
This new picture is better at showing the front microphone on the 11Pro and 11Pro Max (the front mic is under the screen). It could be a stain either during manufacture or something while you've had it in your possession, hard to say. I just looked at my X earpiece with a watch loupe and can't see the dot that your earpiece has. If it's still under the 14 day return window you could ask for an exchange.

Last edited:

N.Ra260

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
The picture I posted shows all the microphones on the 11Pro and 11Pro Max (the front mic is under the screen for the earpiece which the photo isn't right). It could be a stain either during manufacture or something while you've had it in your possession, hard to say. I just looked at my X earpiece with a watch loupe and can't see the dot that your earpiece has. If it's still under the 14 day return window you could ask for an exchange.
Thanks for your help. I noticed it within the 30 days but the stores etc had closed due to covid19. Did speak to someone over the phone regarding this said it should be ok to bring in after the stores open. Spoke to someone on chat and they have set up a call for me too see if they can do anything. See what they say.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Thanks for your help. I noticed it within the 30 days but the stores etc had closed due to covid19. Did speak to someone over the phone regarding this said it should be ok to bring in after the stores open. Spoke to someone on chat and they have set up a call for me too see if they can do anything. See what they say.
I put a better pic in my post and the microphone is in the area you show but as I said I used a 10x watch loupe and can't see a dot on my X which has the same notch setup as your 11 Pro Max. Have you noticed any microphone issues?

N.Ra260

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
I put a better pic in my post and the microphone is in the area you show but as I said I used a 10x watch loupe and can't see a dot on my X which has the same notch setup as your 11 Pro Max. Have you noticed any microphone issues?
Nope everything is working fine. Camera, calls, all working well. Played music etc to be sure working well. Slowly brushed the area with a q tip etc. My first iPhone and it had to have something odd ?‍♂️

caleniko

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2020
I have a similar issue. dont know what it is

Attachments

• F5FCF5D1-1F2A-415B-A9B9-060B96D9741B.jpeg
    F5FCF5D1-1F2A-415B-A9B9-060B96D9741B.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 408
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.