• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Fustnd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2020
Hi!. I have a problem with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. My iphone has 100% battery condition on the iOS 13.3.1 software and I noticed that when the phone is charged to these 20-40%, the battery often drops by 2%, i.e. the phone lies a few minutes at 30% and usually drops after one or at all. A 4 minutes later it can drop to these 28% and so again in a while . Yesterday the same thing, the phone had 73% or 72% watching YouTube, I look after 4-5 minutes and has 70% .. What could it be the fault, software or hardware issue? Update or battery calibration can fix this? The phone is not used much by me. Anyone had the same thing? It is troublesome, it happens most often after turning off the screen and turning it on again. Sorry for my English, I hope you'll understand this.

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
Hang on, are you saying watching YouTube videos for five minutes and your battery percentage dropped by 1-2% is a problem?

Comment

Fustnd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2020
Hang on, are you saying watching YouTube videos for five minutes and your battery percentage dropped by 1-2% is a problem?
No, look this is strange. Because: for example, my phone is sitting on 72% and it should in a few moments have 71%. But my pro max just skipped that and have 70%. For me it's not normal situation that I locked my screen with 32%, lock it for 3 minutes and it has 30%. 33% > 32 % > 30%. That's how it works.

Comment

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
No, look this is strange. Because: for example, my phone is sitting on 72% and it should in a few moments have 71%. But my pro max just skipped that and have 70%. For me it's not normal situation that I locked my screen with 32%, lock it for 3 minutes and it has 30%. 33% > 32 % > 30%. That's how it works.

Ok yeah that’s weird. Can you check in the battery settings if any app is listed as the culprit?

Comment

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
My fiancee has a 11 non pro and sat on the side over night it went from 48% to zero, with wifi and mobile data off!

Reading online the IOS update seems to have messed with battery life, read many comments.
The phone battery last 8-12 hours in normal use. Her old iphone 8 plus can still go easy a full day!

Comment

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
My fiancee has a 11 non pro and sat on the side over night it went from 48% to zero, with wifi and mobile data off!

Reading online the IOS update seems to have messed with battery life, read many comments.
The phone battery last 8-12 hours in normal use. Her old iphone 8 plus can still go easy a full day!

Do you live in good network coverage area?! Bad network can drain battery really fast and it’s better to keep connected to WiFi at that stage.

Comment

Fustnd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2020
Ok yeah that’s weird. Can you check in the battery settings if any app is listed as the culprit?
Yes, everything is normal. For example today: I watched YouTube and have 61%, locked my phone for 3 minutes maybe? And after 3 minutes I had 59%. It's really strange..

Comment

UBS28

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2012
My new iPhone 11 Pro Max has severe battery issues also. I used to get 2-3 days without any problems.

Comment

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
Do you live in good network coverage area?! Bad network can drain battery really fast and it’s better to keep connected to WiFi at that stage.

really good coverage, my fiancee was on phone to a chap in the apple store in the city.
After some back and forth turns out it was apple music app!

before it would use 10% battery every hour when NOT in use! More if using the phone.
we deleted the apple music app (she does not use it, she prefer deezer) and since then she can use airpods to play music for 3 hours and talk to her friend via facebook call for half hour and only use about 8-10% battery!

phone no longer runs flat over night.
Went bed at 87% battery and woke with 81% was asleep for around 9 hours.

Reactions: akash.nu
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.