Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveM3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Hi guys,
I’m from Germany, sorry for my bad english :D
I was very happy with my iPhone 11 Pro Max for a long time. I used it with a silicon case.
Now with some battery problems i thought it is time for a new one.
I bought the 15 Pro Max also with silicon case.
I love the speed, camera and everything. But in comparison with the 11 Pro Max it feels some kind of too big for me.
Does anyone feel the same or is it maybe just the first time with the new phone ? Maybe it is because of the round edges style of the iPhone 11 Pro Max ?
When i use the 15 Pro Max caseless it is ok but I don’t want to use it caseless.
I’m not sure what to do now … should get the 15 pro ? Or maybe another case ? Or swap the battery @ my 11 pro max and use it again :D

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
iPhone 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus, XS Max, 11 Pro Max are all nearly the same size while 12 Pro Max and newer are physically bigger than 11 Pro Max and older models...

I am currently using both 11 Pro Max and 14 Pro Max and does not use any case...

If you are satisfied with iPhone 11 Pro Max and does not seem to fully utilize the features [camera, chipset], just get a battery replacement...

If you feel like you are missing out on features available on newer models, then go with iPhone 15 Pro Max...

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
They are very close to the same size. Even the 16PM is just a little bigger. If you can do the 11PM the 15 and 16PM will be no problem.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi guys,
I’m from Germany, sorry for my bad english :D
I was very happy with my iPhone 11 Pro Max for a long time. I used it with a silicon case.
Now with some battery problems i thought it is time for a new one.
I bought the 15 Pro Max also with silicon case.
I love the speed, camera and everything. But in comparison with the 11 Pro Max it feels some kind of too big for me.
Does anyone feel the same or is it maybe just the first time with the new phone ? Maybe it is because of the round edges style of the iPhone 11 Pro Max ?
When i use the 15 Pro Max caseless it is ok but I don’t want to use it caseless.
I’m not sure what to do now … should get the 15 pro ? Or maybe another case ? Or swap the battery @ my 11 pro max and use it again :D
I would highly recommend getting a slimmer case.
It does take some time to get used to the increased size, but if you can get a slim case that should help a lot.

I would avoid the 15 Pro as it seems to have poor battery life compared to 15 Pro Max.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I did the same upgrade as you last year and noticed the same thing. It was a little annoying... for like two days. Then I got used to it and I don't even remember how my 11 Pro Max used to feel.

Just enjoy your phone, you'll get used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.