iPhone 11 Pro iPhone 11 wireless charging

gigapocket1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Anyone know if the new iPhones have new quick wireless charging?
I assume the new iPhones have bigger batteries.. hence the longer claim in battery life. I can’t imagine wireless charging an 11 via wirelessly. It’ll take forever.

needsmoar

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Canada
Bumping this because I am wondering the same thing. I had seen something about the new phones may have hardware for Bilateral Wireless charging but its disabled / not supported by software yet. If thats true it likely has upgraded charging tech.

Hopefully today with people getting the phones someone can verify for the rest of us.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
I believe it is 7.5w. I don't think wireless charging is ever supposed to be the fastest way to charge your phone, it's more for the ease of dropping it on the charger at night or office desk and not having to mess about with the cable.

mbaturin

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Southern NJ
I’ve searched everywhere for this answer and it doesn’t seem to be out there. I would be interested to see if we can get more than 7.5w charge via wireless with iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max.

Reactions: Wide opeN

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Faster wireless charging... A feature they're intentionally holding back to add to the feature slide for 2020 iPhone.

I'm hip to your games Apple... you're not flawless as it were.

Reactions: compwiz1202

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
New Mexico
I believe it is 7.5w. I don't think wireless charging is ever supposed to be the fastest way to charge your phone, it's more for the ease of dropping it on the charger at night or office desk and not having to mess about with the cable.
With others using 15w+ for their wireless charging..