Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashj_1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2020
Hi

I received 2 iPhone 12's yesterday - 1 for myself and 1 for my wife. We have moved over to Apple from Samsung.

Great phones but sadly both have loud speaker issues - you get an annoying echo sound when using for a call.

Which I find utterly bizarre, as they are new phones but both have the same problem and each one is on a different cellular network provider, so it can’t be that causing it.

We need our phones for our jobs and using loudspeaker is essential on a daily basis.

As I've searched online and seen recent threads about similar problems with the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and iPhone SE (2020).

I find it pretty disappointing that I've paid £1598 (£799 x 2) for these devices and they have these problems. I’ve never experienced this with Samsung or Pixels.

Any help would be appreciated. If it is a hardware problem and not software, I will have to return them next week and go back to using our S20's.

If it's just software, I will keep them and wait.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Or is this just a normal Apple iPhone thing?

Ash

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I just used mine on speaker phone and it was the clearest I have ever heard. It’s really a shame your having issues. I have never even heard of this.

ashj_1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2020
I just used mine on speaker phone and it was the clearest I have ever heard. It’s really a shame your having issues. I have never even heard of this.

Thanks for the reply.

It must just be bad luck on my part then.

I have started a return on online with Apple and I will be shipping them back via UPS next week.

Going to stick with our S20's for a few months and try ordering again in the future, hopefully have better luck from a new batch of devices.

Glad yours is in good working order, lucky ha!

Thanks again,

Ash

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
One dud does not mean there is a problem with the batch. Waiting months for what is perceived to be bad batches to clear is not called for, as there is no indication such is the case. You should be fine re-ordering right away.

ashj_1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2020
I know but there are a few other threads on here about iPhone 12 issues with Yellow Screens and Damage Out of the Box.

Just cba playing a return lottery, so will wait and see what's posted on here in the coming months.

Then order again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.