Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mind1218

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2020
After reading about potential autofocus issues up close, noticed something else strange. After taking a picture, when viewing the photo in camera roll, it appears that processing on the image then happens as you can see the image adjust. Does everyone's iPhone 12 Pro do this? Note even if I don't look at the image for a bit, upon that first open of the image, it seems to adjust.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Yep, this is Deep Fusion doing it’s work. It’s been happening on my 11 Pro Max since the feature first launched.

Mind1218

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2020
Got it, thank you! I'm coming from an XS, so been noticing some small differences and just wanted to make sure it's not faulty hardware.

Mind1218

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2020
Guess was more confused as you would think it would just do that in the bkg, vs being noticeable when you open an image that you took for the first time.

fheringa

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2020
Yep, this is Deep Fusion doing it’s work. It’s been happening on my 11 Pro Max since the feature first launched.
I've seen the same happening on my iPhone 12PM but with an extra twist to it. So, I wander if you've seen the same as I am seeing:
If I want to export, airdrop and/or send the photo via e-mail, I see the photo change back again. As if deepfusion is turned off. In many photos this is not immediately visible, but it is very noticeable in photos with sun and clouds in the picture.

Anyone the same behavior on the new iPhone?

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
I've seen the same happening on my iPhone 12PM but with an extra twist to it. So, I wander if you've seen the same as I am seeing:
If I want to export, airdrop and/or send the photo via e-mail, I see the photo change back again. As if deepfusion is turned off. In many photos this is not immediately visible, but it is very noticeable in photos with sun and clouds in the picture.

Anyone the same behavior on the new iPhone?
Remember, later model iPhones capture image in WIDE COLOR GAMUT. So, it looks best on newer displays that support it. When you send it via email or to a device that does NOT support wide color gamut, then the image looks “bland” again.

I see this all the time when i Airdrop my phone photos (taken with my iPhone) to my 2015 iPad pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.