Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gara_kons

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with the apple store. Owner of an iPhone 12 Pro which had 89% battery health and was giving me around 5-6 hours with moderate use so it was done usually by mid-day. Decided to try and request a battery replacement earlier than normal. After all the expected talks that the battery is fine and there is no issue and it is normal to degrade after around 362 cycles I insisted on getting it replaced and paying the 75 euros (im in Germany). Left it for an hour only to come back and getting informed that there was an "error" in the system and because the phone was still under warranty (bought end of October 2020) the price of the repair is 0. No idea if I was just lucky or that indicates why they insist on not replacing a phone's battery before it reaches 80% and usually out of warranty. Will test the battery behaviour in the upcoming days but it seems like I got a "new" phone for free. Cheers!

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
They state on the invoice that if something goes wrong with the repair they will replace the phone instead of fixing it. I take it they gave you a new device?

Gara_kons

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Don't think so. Phone was the same as when I shut it down for them to proceed with the repair, it even has the screen protector I had from the beginning with a small deep scratch towards the bottom of the screen which is noticeable at some angles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.